Defense of Bruma quest NOT progressing

justinrpg

The quest says

"I arrived at the battlefield to find one open Oblivion Gate. Once all three are open, the Mythic Dawn will open a Great Gate, which I must enter and retrieve its great Sigil Stone"

But no other gates are opening up and I CANNOT go into the one gate! I sat there for 20 minutes and no other gates are opening!

I Googled several things and there appears to be NOBODY else with this issue!

I also tried talking to all the other soldiers, they just keep saying that they are standing their ground!

The quest marker just points to the one gate!

What am I doing wrong?

My guess is you don't have Martin along ...

From the UESP Wiki:

"Martin sometimes fails to show up at the battlefield. This will cause the quest to stop. The guards will arrive in formation, but no daedra will spawn, nor will another Gate spawn.
Use the code player.setstage MQ13 100 to make the Great Gate appear and go through it. It will skip the Battle of Bruma quest but when you come out of the gate Martin will be there."
Keeping Martin alive while waiting for the Great Gate to open is part of the fun of this quest (which you would miss out on by using the console to advance the quest). If you have a save from before giving Martin the Great Welkynd Stone you could try starting the quest again (give Martin the time required to make his speech etc).

I do remember that it happened to me long time ago too... Martin was stuck somewhere (maybe in the chapel in Bruma) and because of my high Athleticism, my character was running so fast I reached the battlefield before he could find a proper pathfinding ^.^'