Sudden CTDs

cossayos

try waiting a month or 2 and then trying the game again, i have a sneaky suspicion i know what's wrong, or there about

i'll bet anything they did an update based on info received from FO76 and therefore broke the game lol

either way it definitely sounds like the last update you received broke the game, the net installment or 2 of the Creation Club might fix it

try waiting a month or 2 and then trying the game again, i have a sneaky suspicion i know what's wrong, or there about

i'll bet anything they did an update based on info received from FO76 and therefore broke the game lol

either way it definitely sounds like the last update you received broke the game, the net installment or 2 of the Creation Club might fix it

Was one of my suspicions too. Funny thiing is, the update before the last, seemed to make my game more stable as if they had sneaked in something useful by accident. Then the next update came, but I'm under the impression that the problems didn't actually start with it, but a little bit later. I blamed it on one of the mods I was running back then. But that can't be the problem now, since I'm running totally vanilla on a clean install where I removed everything before restarting my rig and reinstalling after cleaning the registry.

Btw, I didn't know the amount of junk CC installs with the update. I have about 650 Mbs of stuff labelled cc. That's a lot of deadweight to carry around.

yea the way they do the CC is rediculous, people are going to end up have 4-5 gigs of mods on their system that most people won't ever even use lol

In case any future update makes the game playable for me again, what files should I backup in order to not get screwed over by a new patch again? Is the game.exe sufficient?

I just did another check, it's virtually every cell transition that crashes the game for me at the moment.

i nearly punched my computer through the wall last night, the crashing just broke me. i've got cuts and bruises on my knuckles from this damned game and it's crashing. is there any way to find out what iscausing it, i'm no modder so i dont understand all the technical jargon.. would love to hear from anyone who knows how to fix it..

my load order shows "9 dirty plugins" is there a way to fix them, or should they just be removed??

Make sure all your game-associated folders are set to 'writeable' - it almost sounds to me like your game is trying to access data that is hidden behind a wall it can't get through (in other words, when you change cells or open something - WS/CS/container/etc - the game is trying to find the 'orders' on how to handle that, and sometimes some of that is in the .ini files, which are always on the 'C' drive, and Windows LOVES to reset any folders on the 'C' drive to 'read only'.

And yesterday I had a Windows update, and fully expected another day of frustration... but fortunately it behaved itself this time. The last two times Windows updated on me it changed my folder permissions. Anyway, its a longshot, but I hope it helps you. Cheers

is there any way to find out what iscausing it, i'm no modder so i dont understand all the technical jargon..

I'm pretty sure it's the last CC update. As I said, I played this game for years on medium/hiigh settings with more than a hundred mods. Yes, it crashed on occasion, but I never ran into a crash fest like this with a perfectly vanilla game on the lowest possible settings.

I also kept my modded and streamlined ini files with godrays and vsync turnend off and other performance tweaks I found to be useful in the past. I refrained from using the originally, just to keep the game in it's original state, but that didn't work out either. So I replaced the files and the crashing still continued. Virtually every ten seconds. The time it takes to move between cell borders.

Can anyone make heads or tales of this Papyrus log?

[01/06/2019 - 10:54:42AM] Papyrus log opened (PC-64)
[01/06/2019 - 10:54:42AM] Update budget: 1.200000ms (Extra tasklet budget: 1.200000ms, Load screen budget: 500.000000ms)
[01/06/2019 - 10:54:42AM] Memory page: 128 (min) 512 (max) 153600 (max total)
[01/06/2019 - 10:54:42AM] Maximum stack depth: 100
[01/06/2019 - 10:54:42AM] This is a script log only and does not contain information on any other part of the game, including crashes.
[01/06/2019 - 10:54:44AM] Cannot open store for class "ccRZRFO4001:ccRZRFO4001_SetStageOnTriggerEnter", missing file?
[01/06/2019 - 10:54:44AM] Cannot open store for class "ccRZRFO4001:ccRZRFO4001_RadioSceneScript", missing file?
[01/06/2019 - 10:54:44AM] Cannot open store for class "CreationClub:ccAWNFO4001:LeveledListInjectorScript", missing file?
[01/06/2019 - 10:54:44AM] Cannot open store for class "DLC04:DLC04OperatorsRifleAnimationScript", missing file?
[01/06/2019 - 10:54:44AM] Cannot open store for class "ccRZRFO4001:ccRZRFO4001_RadioSceneToggleScript", missing file?
[01/06/2019 - 10:55:08AM] VM is freezing...
[01/06/2019 - 10:55:08AM] VM is frozen
[01/06/2019 - 10:55:08AM] Reverting game...
[01/06/2019 - 10:55:48AM] Loading game...
[01/06/2019 - 10:55:51AM] VM is thawing...

[01/06/2019 - 10:54:44AM] Cannot open store for class "ccRZRFO4001:ccRZRFO4001_SetStageOnTriggerEnter", missing file?

[01/06/2019 - 10:54:44AM] Cannot open store for class "ccRZRFO4001:ccRZRFO4001_RadioSceneScript", missing file?

[01/06/2019 - 10:54:44AM] Cannot open store for class "CreationClub:ccAWNFO4001:LeveledListInjectorScript", missing file?

[01/06/2019 - 10:54:44AM] Cannot open store for class "DLC04:DLC04OperatorsRifleAnimationScript", missing file?

[01/06/2019 - 10:54:44AM] Cannot open store for class "ccRZRFO4001:ccRZRFO4001_RadioSceneToggleScript", missing file?

you're missing files for one or more mods which makes me think MarkusTay may be right

you're missing files for one or more mods which makes me think MarkusTay may be right

This is all cc stuff, which I don't run anyway. Otherwise the game is vanilla. I haven't got any mods installed. Though I wonder why it would even call for cc stuff, if I never bought anything.