Items I drop disappear

du5kc4p1741n

Whenever I drop items on the ground, they randomly disappear, I see no rhyme or reason to it, for example, out of the 4 iron ore I had in my inventory, two of them dropped when I dropped them individually. I then picked them back up and neither of them dropped. Out of all my weapons, only the steel dagger survived.

Most of the fixes I found online refer to mods I am not using (and to Skyrim, not Skyrim SE), here's the list of mods I am using (Loot load order):

I am currently using survival mode. But this happens in and out of it, but at a seemingly lower rate when NOT in survival mode.

0 0 Skyrim.esm

1 1 Update.esm
2 2 Dawnguard.esm
3 3 HearthFires.esm
4 4 Dragonborn.esm
254 FE 0 ccbgssse002-exoticarrows.esl
254 FE 1 ccbgssse010-petdwarvenarmoredmudcrab.esl
254 FE 2 ccbgssse014-spellpack01.esl
254 FE 3 ccqdrsse001-survivalmode.esl
254 FE 4 ccqdrsse002-firewood.esl
254 FE 5 ccfsvsse001-backpacks.esl
5 5 Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp
6 6 SkyUI_SE.esp
7 7 Immersive Sounds - Compendium.esp
8 8 VioLens SE.esp
9 9 FNIS.esp
10 a HarvestOverhaul_Redone.esp
11 b iHUD.esp
12 c Point The Way.esp
13 d Immersive Patrols II.esp
14 e Ars Metallica.esp
15 f HarvestOverhaul_Redone_Creatures.esp
16 10 BarenziahQuestMarkers_Droppable.esp
17 11 beltfastenedquivers.esp
18 12 Chesko_WearableLantern.esp
19 13 The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp
20 14 Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul.esp

Edit: added new findings.

Edited by du5kc4p1741n

1st - Does this start right away in the game?

.. IE: Inside the building in Helgen, where you are set free.

Or does it start at some other point in the game?

2nd - IF it does start at Helgen, since you only have a few mods, I was honestly expecting a long list.

Turn OFF all Mods, using NMM in the PLUG IN TAB. Click the: NO CIRCLE.

It will turn OFF everything, just click in the box of the Skyrim Base ESP's and the DLC's.

Then start a NEW GAME and get into the Helgen Building and be set free.

. o O ( Again .. if the dropping / loose things starts there.

>>> THEN SAVE THE GAME <<<

.... as you will be able to start the game here with no issues since you only have DLC's active and not have to go through the whole beginning scene again and again. :)

Now, turn ON ( Click in the Box ) 1 mod* at a time and load the clean save in the Helgen.

* IF the mod you click on, REQUIRES another mod to be on, obviously turn only the REQUIRED other mods and no other ones.

Play, till you are convinced that mod is not the issue. Save a NEW game, do NOT touch the saved game that has NO MODS LOADED. Keep that as a FALL BACK, if something should go wrong.

Then, repeat until all mods are turned on. At some point, your issue should start and you should have an idea which Mod ( s ) are at play.

Good luck.

You said when you drop items on the ground they will "invariably disappear". Is the disappearing happening immediately upon drop? Or is the disappearing happening a few days later?

Good Point & Question.

The instant I press the drop button it disappears from my inventory, but doesn't appear in the game world.

Turn OFF all Mods, using NMM in the PLUG IN TAB. Click the: NO CIRCLE

I use vortex, not NMM :/

Does this start right at the start of the game, in Helgen?

. o O ( As was asked in my other post. )

The instant I press the drop button it disappears from my inventory, but doesn't appear in the game world.

I just made a new save, and it doesn't do it right at the start of the game

I do have survival mode on (the one from the creation club), if that can change things.

I just made a new save, and it doesn't do it right at the start of the game

I do have survival mode on (the one from the creation club), if that can change things.

Okay, I hate getting into Creation Club Mods. Personally, I simply do not touch them ....

BUT - I have read where this is a HIT / MISS bug w/the Creation Club Survival Mod, in that, what is the hypothesis - Survival thinks when you drop something, you no longer need / want it?

I cannot 1st hand validate this, for the above stated reason. I do not wish to get into a CC club heated debate, as apparently there are some good mods there .... just I remember reading this a 'few' times here / steam and Beth's site.