Mohammed

Adipose

Guess the OP never heard of the Charlie Hebdo deaths and other violence stirred by depictions of Mohammed deemed offensive, which I am sure a follower would be.

No need to buy into trouble of that nature, or ask the Nexus to do so.

Real world politics and religions need left out of the game so we don't bring in real world passions. I'm not offended by the Jesus follower but my reaction is "ugh, why?".

I do not think anyone truly cares enough to foment actual religious rage that I can have statues of Talos sacrilegiously depicted as a scantily clad amazon. Talos isn't real.

Edited by TeofaTsavo

With regard to keeping real world political/religious issues out of the Nexus, I'm in total agreement. However, if we're going to operate based on that thesis then how about getting rid of the mods that have introduced the Christ, former president Obama and current President Trump. Oh wait, I know, a large number of us live in cultures where freedom of expression is part of the bed rock of society and culture and we don't, normally, put out contracted hits on cartoonists, authors, and so on simply because they've dared to portray someone in what was interpreted as a less than favorable light. Hmmm, think I'll learn how to mod so that I can have the Queen of England as a follower/mistress. After all, I'm an old guy and old women appeal to me. Maybe I can have the current religious leader of Iran around to serve as a Bum Boy. I really like that idea and it's a concept well established in various stories and poems that are part of the literary tradition of various Central Asian cultures. Better quit now, I'm really starting to warm to the topic and that'd not be a good thing...probably.

Btw, in case none of you've noticed, the Thalmor do a bang up job of desecrating Talos, seizing, torturing and murdering those who believe in his deification, and are not at all backward when it comes to making war in order to impose their religious beliefs on the rest of Tamriel. Just pointing out that Bethesda may have had a little message in mind when they created the game...or not. Most of the time, a game is just a game...most of the time. I love to stalk, ambush and murder Thalmor patrols, prisoner details, and so on. Wouldn't surprise me that I'm sublimating a bit.

Look, we either stand up for an even handed approach, or we run and hide from psychos. Make a choice. It's simple, the Nexus needs to be even handed.

With regard to keeping real world political/religious issues out of the Nexus, I'm in total agreement.

I, however, am not. I've always found it strange how Television, Movies, Literature, Art and even Music have long been platforms for exploring, expressing and confronting real-world social and political ideas... And yet most people seem to think the same has no place in video games. Humans are political creatures, it's how we organize, how we interact, how we self identify. it's integration is the highest expression of any art.

And yet, it has no place in gaming? Hah!

We NEED more real world political and religious issues in games. We need more analogues for real-world problems. And we can't be afraid to go there, because of moronic consumers who think they can avoid the single most important influence in their lives, or fascist ideologues who can't tolerate the idea of someone differing in opinion.

On the whole I agree with you. My point is that the Nexus should either permit any characterization, including Mohammed, Buddha, Krishna, or whomever, or permit none at all. Any other action indicates bias, which, in a public forum, is unacceptable as far as I'm concerned. Personally, I refuse to run and hide from those who perceive the First Amendment to the U. S. Constitution as a threat to society.

old game engine.

What if i told you... Both Red Dead Redemption 2 and Doom 2016 are actually running on older engines than Skyrim?

Age isn't the problem. Bethesda's inability to actually keep updating (or inability to technically execute on anything, really) it is the problem.