ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

phenderix

Hello all!

I am happily announcing my return to active modding by uncovering my following idea.

THE SKYRIM SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY

Over 300 New spells added to the game.

Many NPCs to interact with and buy things from.

Massive campus with many classrooms and buildings.

Dining Hall, Great Library, Forbidden Forest, Staircases...

Unique enemies and magical creatures

Continuous updates that will further increase the school once initially released whenever that may be.

This will basically be kind of like a Hogwarts for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

For all of you Harry Potter fans out there or Skyrim mages I need ideas!

What do you want this massive campus to contain? What classes should be taught? Unique NPCs? Campus Design?

What Harry Potter themes could I incorporate into the campus? Do you want to help with this project?

Please leave comments below! Thanks!

I am beginning development of this mod very soon.

phenderix

As a huge Harry Potter fan, I say well-done to you good sir for the excellent mod idea.

I'd like to see the campus overlooking the lake near the Guardian Stones, but I don't know if there'd be enough space. I suppose it'd be better in the Whiterun hold where there's plenty of plains to work with, plus some forest to the north.

For all of you Harry Potter fans out there or Skyrim mages I need ideas!

What do you want this massive campus to contain? What classes should be taught? Unique NPCs? Campus Design?

What Harry Potter themes could I incorporate into the campus? Do you want to help with this project?

Please leave comments below! Thanks!

I am beginning development of this mod very soon.

phenderix

Well, it'd be cool to see some tame atronachs following their respective masters. I'd also like to see some of the npc's practicing magic like magelight. As for themes, you could make each class room wildly different from the other. For example instead of using a plain load door, you could instead use the one with the big circular radius and It could teleport you to a small tropical island, and the desks would just be resting on the sand. To cut to the chase, I'd say don't be afraid to try something surreal for the classrooms dedicated to schools of magic.

I really don't know where you could make this school of yours though. You could use the giant glaciers off the coast of Solitide I suppose, since there's a lot of untapped flat land to work with there. By doing so you could also borrow the college's static architecture as well. Since this IS magic we're dealing with here though, you could instead have the exterior of the school be something rather small and unassuming but the interior could be incredibly spacious. In short, because this is magic you don't really have to follow all the rules. ;)

As a huge Harry Potter fan, I say well-done to you good sir for the excellent mod idea.

I'd like to see the campus overlooking the lake near the Guardian Stones, but I don't know if there'd be enough space. I suppose it'd be better in the Whiterun hold where there's plenty of plains to work with, plus some forest to the north.

Yes....free space is hard to come by. With the exception of Whiterun hold, it seems like most of Skyrim is pretty darn cramped. Thankfully, I've never been too ambitions with my own mods so I don't find myself feeling too constrained. :tongue:

Edited by Kraeten

Interesting ideas.

Ya the classrooms should be very different from each other - perhaps one or two could teleport you.

I think I like the next to a lake idea. Just need to find a proper place to begin creating it.