The game stutters when audio is enabled.

ElFlautas

My game stutters a lot, but if I turn off the audio via the .ini file, it runs almost flawlessly. My audio drivers are updated, I tried using headphones, and I think I have no audio codecs installed or enabled (I used "InstalledCodec" to disable all codecs that are not Microsoft or Fraunhofer related).

Has anyone found a solution for this problem? I've done a lot of research through different forums, technical support threads and comments, but nothing works.

I have Realtek High Definition Audio drivers.

Hmmm... All these mods of yours can not alter the game that much to make it stutter... except if your computer/laptop is really really old (like prior 2006)...

The only think I can think of would be it might be because of the grass ? Do your stutters only appear in the wild or also in some inside cells ?

https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/5434 : LowPoly Grass is a mod that reduce the meshes quality of the grass in TES IV Oblivion. The game will be more stable, especially outside.

To be honest, having a top notch laptop or computer does very little for TES IV Oblivion... The game was full of bugs and glitches when released to the public (thanks to all the patches and updates) and the script for many quests, AIs, or even for running the game were pretty lame...

Oblivion was in my opinion a broken game (awesome though) and we put a ton of mods on it... T.T Modders had to script their way to add HDR, 2k,4k and 8k resolution and many many features that Vanilla Oblivion did not offer.

But I digress... and yes your laptop is way more than enough to run this game the way you want. I will try to look up for something that might help you today... and I just though about something : Do you have Oblivion Stutter Remover installed ? If yes, there is a Patch that fixes some sounds issue (not being able to hear your weapon swinging on something I believe). Maybe you should try downloading that and see if that help ?