Using Nifskope to combine armors

JeremeW5257

I'm fairly familiar with Nifskope, but having trouble combining armors that fit various parts of the body and making a single cuirass_0.nif file. The armors show up in Nifskope, but not in game. Here's my example. I have a Glass armor (cuirass file) that I can pull up in Nifskope. I want to add a leg piece from another armor set onto my existing cuirass file. I make the few changes necessary to import the leg piece into my existing armor set (with Nifskope) and it shows to be on the same body. I save it and place the armor in game, but the leg piece doesn't show up. Can't figure it out. I'm trying to add a variation to my existing female armor set to upload on the Nexus...to share with all.

Need help

• 6 months later...

You dont have to combine the armors in nifskope. All you need is the CK and the 2 mods.

Step 1: Open the 2 mod in the CK and set the one where you want to save your armor to active

Step 2. Duplicate the armor addon of the armor you want to add ( just check the armor itself to find out the name of the armor addon)

Step 3: Save the mod

Step 4: Reopen the mod without the mod where you took the armor part from. just load the one where the armor part should be added.

Step 5: Open the armor, add the duplicated armor addon and check the slots of the armor ( so if the added armor addon use the slot 53 also check this at the armor itself)

Step 6: Save the armor

Step 7: Done!

• 8 months later...

Hello,

first of all im a creator of skaal heavy armor and cant remember giving you a permission to use my work for your projects.
If you are trying to do it for your self im ok with it.

Moreover if you need some help you should explain what you are exactely doin with nifskope every single move step by step.
Which changes preparatuions are you doing, make some screenshots.

Otherwis its not possible to analize your problem.

pm me if you need some help

Kind regards
tumbajamba

just killing some time reading random stuff here... skaal heavy armor? im gonna go check that one out :) ... am i the only guy here obsessed with orcs? ... anyway. concerning the topic, i dont get why you would want to do that. IF you want just to lets say pin glass boots to a cuirass, for the looks of it, and wanna wear leather boots with it, you would have to use blender to combine the meshes, and youd have to change / work on the textures. why? because targeting more than one active texture is reaaaaaallllly ugly work in nifskope, as far as i know. when i mod weapons im way better of with making new textures, even if i use exported stuff from skyrim.

if youd like wanna take the leather gauntles, strip them of the glove part to attach daedric glove part to that, its the same. nifskope is only useful for defining and organizing parts that you worked on with other stuff programs, like blender, or gimp, 3dsmax, or whatever.

mainly the best you could do is describe your problem better here, the dude above this post here was absolutely right on that... :blush:

No Tumbajamba, please don't get me wrong, I wasn't planning on releasing anything, I was just tinkering around trying to put your awesome spiky plates over a less bulky armor like the bandit fur or leather for my own use. When I get back to it I'll post with more detail about what I do as I work with it. A the moment I just have a copy of the armor model with the skaal coat removed. I love your armor by the way!

Edited by heyiforgot

• 7 months later...

I'm fairly familiar with Nifskope, but having trouble combining armors that fit various parts of the body and making a single cuirass_0.nif file. The armors show up in Nifskope, but not in game. Here's my example. I have a Glass armor (cuirass file) that I can pull up in Nifskope. I want to add a leg piece from another armor set onto my existing cuirass file. I make the few changes necessary to import the leg piece into my existing armor set (with Nifskope) and it shows to be on the same body. I save it and place the armor in game, but the leg piece doesn't show up. Can't figure it out. I'm trying to add a variation to my existing female armor set to upload on the Nexus...to share with all.

Need help

Did you ever find the solution to this problem?

Or did anyone else?