You need to uninstall Sounds of Skyrim

SergeantGrrock

The maker of "More Hotkeys Please", Spinner385, has posted a very interesting hint in his mod thread concerning the proper treatment of such savegame bloating scripting issues:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/772219-more-hotkeys-please/page__view__findpost__p__6597048:

Additionally if a script is no longer needed and is removed I added a dummy script in its place. That way when your save calls for the script it find it's replacement and doesn't run any code. That's the only way to work around the skyrim save file issue.

I wonder whether this describes how SoS could handle this problem. Sounds like something that could be done in CK by ourselves, with some trying.

The only question is whether this would also solve bloating issus in already affected savegames ex post?

@TomSayer: I can only speak for myself, and I wouldn't dare to claim that the mentioned files are safe to use. I only guess so, because everybody keeps telling that only SOS - Civilization is problematic. But that's all I know.

[EDIT]: Just yesterday I ran my game with logging enabled, and as far as I can tell, there were several log entries by SoS - Dungeons in it. Though the mod has been long uninstalled, it still seems to try to register certain non existent scripts. I am not 100% sure, however. I need to reproduce this once more (maybe I'll find the time tonight). If my observation was correct, then this might mean that SoS - Dungeons is probably not safe.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, here's an update.

I've started up my latest savegame in logging mode once more.

Note that I've completely ininstalled all 3 SoS mods several weeks and about 100 savegames ago.

Here's everything related to SoS that I found in my Papyrus log:

[11/05/2012 - 08:22:17PM] Cannot open store for class "SoSCivSnore", missing file?
[11/05/2012 - 08:22:17PM] warning: Unable to get type SoSCivSnore referenced by the save game. Objects of this type will not be loaded.
[11/05/2012 - 08:22:17PM] Cannot open store for class "SoSDungeonsConfigScript", missing file?
[11/05/2012 - 08:22:17PM] warning: Unable to get type SoSDungeonsConfigScript referenced by the save game. Objects of this type will not be loaded.
[11/05/2012 - 08:22:17PM] Cannot open store for class "SoSWildsConfigScript", missing file?
[11/05/2012 - 08:22:17PM] warning: Unable to get type SoSWildsConfigScript referenced by the save game. Objects of this type will not be loaded.
[11/05/2012 - 08:22:17PM] Cannot open store for class "SoSCivlizationConfigScript", missing file?
[11/05/2012 - 08:22:17PM] warning: Unable to get type SoSCivlizationConfigScript referenced by the save game. Objects of this type will not be loaded.
[11/05/2012 - 08:22:18PM] warning: Could not find type SoSCivSnore in the type table in save
[11/05/2012 - 08:22:18PM] warning: Could not find type SoSWildsConfigScript in the type table in save
[11/05/2012 - 08:22:18PM] warning: Could not find type SoSCivlizationConfigScript in the type table in save
[11/05/2012 - 08:22:18PM] warning: Could not find type SoSDungeonsConfigScript in the type table in save

So my memory was right: There are still orphaned scripts from all three SoS mods.

Of course this still doesn't prove these scripts are actually causing the bloating/DTC issues.

My current savegame seems to be comparably stable (probably 1 CTD per 10 hours of gameplay, as a very rough estimate).

Note also that I have multiple similar log entries from other mods that I uninstalled before, such as:

- Dynavision

- iHUD

@TomSayer: Nevertheless, altogether, I'd recommend (personally) not to use any of the SoS mods for now. Just to be safe. That does not apply to any other mod by Cliffworms!

Btw, here are the mod versions which I had last installed (I suppose that these are the very latest versions ever, downloaded officially from Cliffworms' mod page at the nexus):

- SoS Dungeons: 1.2.1 (Sounds_of_Skyrim_-_The_Dungeons_Full_1_21-8601-1-21.zip)

- SoS Wilds: 1.11 (Sounds_of_Skyrim_-_The_Wilds_1_1_1_Full_Version-10886-1-11.zip)

- SoS Civ: 1.0 (Sounds_of_Skyrim_-_Civilization_1_0_Full_Version-20193-1-0.zip)

Hope that h... well - I guess it doesn't help, so let's better say: hope that clarifies (htc)!

jaime74

• 2 weeks later...
I can't get rid of mod Sounds of Skyrim Civilization without having bloat happen in next save I make. I have tried stopquest SosConfigCivilization it says it stops it then I save and quit but still bloat my saves are right now 14mb with taking it out it jumps to 24mb and grown after that. Has there been a work around this yet other methods of uninstalling it?

@RCHAMPANERIA:

This sounds quite like what happened to me - only that in my case the problem emerged about 100 saves later.

I had to search back through all my previous saves until I found one that was still "clean". Eventually I had lost about 3 hrs of gameplay, so I could live with it.

I don't know of any safe method of uninstalling so far, but I am not the expert in this. I can only point out once more what I found in this post, as already quoted earlier in this thread: It indicates (in my understanding) that the only safe way to get rid of the orphaned scripts that are causing the bloat would be to modify the esp file in CK, or to create an additional esp with CK, which replaces the problematic scripts by dummy scripts.

Hence it's a task for modders. I'd like to try it myself, but I am not experienced enough yet with scripting in TES5.

Sounds customisation at the latest version is buggy, but not for non-scripted version (1.01 for SoS Wilds, 1.1 for SoS Dungeons, but I don't have safe version of Civilization, maybe he is create 1st version of SoS Civilization with scripts)

here SoS at my mods folder, and still installed at my Skyrim

http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh628/zackymonroe/Proof.png

http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh628/zackymonroe/Proof2.png

http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh628/zackymonroe/Proof3.png

(I use 130-140 mods, with. 150.esp)

I can't help if latest version is used by you, because I think the only one to stop the scripts is use dummy scripts or create new game without all of SoS, but only use SoS Wilds 1.01 and Dungeons 1.1

Edited by Guest

I have been ignoring this post and skyrim for a few weeks. From what I skimmed over,there still isn't a solution to the bloating. Since I've been ignoring the game, and since I feel like playing again, I want to know if there is either a) a similar mod out there or though unlikely b) is there a solution? An older version that doesn't give any trouble? Also, I've decided to completely remove my skyrim game including save games and mods though I'm going to see if I can keep copies of them just in case any of them are no longer available for some reason or another. Except SOS of course.

I would like to hear a number of recommended mods for realism/tweaks for graphics/lots and lots of new items/armour/weapons/new races/new spells...Well for just about anything really. For that last question I would like to hear it in a personal message since it isn't exactly related to this topic and I don't want to be responsible for hijacking it or something.

Aside from my litlle request, are there any noteworthy events of late relating to skyrim? Except for the new DLC of course...

Kingdark

Hello all; I was wondering if anyone could post a link to the last versions of SoS that were on the Steam Workshop before it went offline? I deleted them "improperly" before I knew about the bloat issue, and now I'm suffering from it horribly. I would like to quickly re-install SoS to fix an old, un-bloated save, and then get rid of SoS again. Otherwise I can't play Skyrim with either my old or new saves.

I saw there was a link earlier in this thread, but now it 404s.

Thanks in advance!