You need to uninstall Sounds of Skyrim

SergeantGrrock

I don't know if I'm lucky or not, but I recently lost my character of roughly sixty hours of gameplay. My third attempt at getting to higher levels. (I always seem to get bored with it after a while, or find mods which require a new game start sometimes)

Anyway, this allows me to disable sos without too much trouble...

Kingdark

Uhhhh.... WHAT does?

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where would Cliffworms post the most up to date info regarding this? And if he's even working on it.

I don't know if I should invest into another character or not.. got a lot to lose and don't want to lose it

The last posting was on Bethesda's forums (http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1375181-relwip-sounds-of-skyrim/) but the thread was locked after the 7 page limit...so far Cliffworms hasn't posted anything new, but that would probably be where he'll update first...

SO that means that Sounds of Skyrim (Ihave all three installed) is not affecting my game ?

I've edited my answer a bit. That's the only conclusion I can really reach. I don't really know how scripts work vis a vis game bloat so, no, it doesn't appear that you're suffering any ill effects but whether that will continue I honestly have no idea.

I'm reading all these posts about "orphaned scripts" in the Scripts folder etc... I don't have anything there except stuff from SKSE. I only install mods from the Workshop so I guess I don't have to worry about stuff sticking around after uninstalling?

edit: Also I've been using SoS Dungeons for quite a while, and my current char is 50 hours in, savegame is 8 mb... I should be fine?

Edited by gupp

I'm not sure if I understand the problem completely, but couldn't you simply delete the big save games and then make a new save? Woudln't that reduce the game save size or am I completely misunderstanding the situation?