⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

You need to uninstall Sounds of Skyrim

SergeantGrrock

I already delete it from NMM i just realize scripts can still running in my game save...

The versions I have don't have scripts. Are you sure yours does? A few pages back there was some dialogue about that and, oddly, nobody who had dungeons and wilds seemed to have any of the scripts Cliffworm mentioned.

I'd think that, if by chance you do have scripts after your uninstall, you could just manually delete them. These are the file names Cliffworm gave:

Dungeons:

Skyrim\Data\Scripts\SoSDungeonsConfigScript.pex

Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SoSDungeonsConfigScript.psc

Wilds:

Skyrim\Data\Scripts\SoSWildsConfigScript.pex

Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SoSWildsConfigScript.psc

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already delete it from NMM i just realize scripts can still running in my game save...

The versions I have don't have scripts. Are you sure yours does? A few pages back there was some dialogue about that and, oddly, nobody who had dungeons and wilds seemed to have any of the scripts Cliffworm mentioned.

I'd think that, if by chance you do have scripts after your uninstall, you could just manually delete them. These are the file names Cliffworm gave:

Dungeons:

Skyrim\Data\Scripts\SoSDungeonsConfigScript.pex

Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SoSDungeonsConfigScript.psc

Wilds:

Skyrim\Data\Scripts\SoSWildsConfigScript.pex

Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SoSWildsConfigScript.psc

Is that the latest version because that the one i have before i deleted.

Edited by fragsnippy

Probably. Those are the scripts the author mentioned when he took the mod down so I'd think they'd be from the latest version. Looking at his file names though, I'd wager if you do have scripts they'd have "SoSDungeons..." and "SosWilds..." in the name so they'd be relatively easy to find.

Probably. Those are the scripts the author mentioned when he took the mod down so I'd think they'd be from the latest version. Looking at his file names though, I'd wager if you do have scripts they'd have "SoSDungeons..." and "SosWilds..." in the name so they'd be relatively easy to find.

The scripts are deleted but i need to follow the author to properly delete the mod which i didnt. That why i need to reinstall it to properly delete it. I need to do the stopquest console to stop the mod.

fragsnippy, try contacting one of the Nexus admins and kindly request permission to temporarily access the

SOS-Civilizations mod file download to use to fix your game, i don't think the modder Cliffworms would mind.

As far as i know, all the SOS files are still intact but set to hidden status on the Nexus servers,

only regular user access rights to them have been removed.

I would send you a copy; but, i didn't download a copy of the Civilizations mod sorry.

Looks like Cliffworms also removed SOS from Steamworks, TES Alliance, and elsewhere on the web.

fragsnippy, I have the SoS with scripts:

Sounds_of_Skyrim_-_Civilization_1_0_Full_Version-20193-1-0.zip

Sounds_of_Skyrim_-_The_Dungeons_1_2_1_Update-8601-1-21.zip

Sounds_of_Skyrim_-_The_Wilds_1_11_Update-10886-1-11.zip

Does anyone have any updates on how to save their save game? I have over 100 hours into my save that was RUINED by SoS-Civilization. I need to be able to remove that Papyrus bloat caused by the removal of that mod. I can't just start a new character and lose all that progress.

You have 100 hours of play since installing SoS-C? Or you don't keep old savegames around, and all your saves for that character have SoS-C in them? I keep saves going all the way back to Helgen for all my characters. I had to delete a week of saves for 6 characters once due to mods gone bad. The only way I know to recover from something like that is if the mod author provides a command to stop all of the scripts. But I have read that some people have been successful in cleaning their mods using the standard protocol, and recovering from whatever SoS-C did to the save. Have you tried that?

Does anyone have any updates on how to save their save game? I have over 100 hours into my save that was RUINED by SoS-Civilization. I need to be able to remove that Papyrus bloat caused by the removal of that mod. I can't just start a new character and lose all that progress.

lesson learned, nextime. install a decent mod from a known modder.

lesson learned, nextime. install a decent mod from a known modder.

I thought Cliffworms WAS a known modder. Certainly his other SoS mods were great and caused no issues. So not a very helpful post from you at all.

Blitzen, I used the stopquest command to stop the quest and then save afterwards but it looks like the scripts keep running. I tried to sleep for 5 days to clear the cell but usually after the second 24hr sleep, it still crashes.

But yeah, I didn't keep any old saves because up to this point, with 100+ hours on this game and with tens of mods being loaded/unload during that playtime, there was no issue. Until SoS-Civilization showed up.