Just bought Skyrim :)

tanoman

Hi ppl!

I bought Skyrim off Steam 2 days ago, and I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by all the quests I can do. I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on which set of quests are cool to do, and what others are best left for later. :P I guess I should leave the main quest also for later, but what would you recommend a newbie?

Thx! :)

Aaahhh to re-live that magical moment of first playing Skyrim again :) Personally I do the Civil War quest first...just to get it out of the way

This quest would be the one that I got from Ralof right? (to talk to Jarl Balgruuf and so on?)

By the way, where can I join the thieves guild? :P

Oh, and which one is the civil war quest? :P

The civil war quest line is started by either joining the imperials or the stormcloaks (the quest to do so is in the miscellaneous quests section).

I say just walk the lands until you have pretty much mapped all the locations. Be warned, picking items up from chests and trunks and off bodies can and will break quests. Do all the easy ones first. The misc quests. Those are ones that often become abandoned and broken due to you already clearing out a cave/den/camp/thingy. If you find an item with a name, like " Hammer of Tanoman" then its probably a quest item. Also, if a book is in a chest don't take it. Don't even read it as you may accidentally grab it. Edited by Brandy_123