Those "What have I done?" Moments

ClonePatrol

I suppose my biggest 'What Have I Done' act is siding with the Volkihar. By all rights as a generally law-abiding, champion of the people type Dovahkiin who eschewed the Thieves Guild and DBH, I should've sided with DG but I took an immediate dislike to Isran (and the Vigilants in general) - goddamn self-righteous Van Helsing bigots - how dare they send assassins and death squads after me after I saved Skyrim from Alduin for the (near) victimless crime of being a vampire! And I adore Serana so I took her back to her father, accepted his gift and threw in my lot with them.

I know about the slaves in the dungeon and the rib cages in the hall (though I got a clean up mod), I refuse to murder innocent people but what can I do - my dovahkiin is married to Serana and I have to learn to live with the fact that the in-laws are beyond boorish.

In my headcanon, after I took over the Castle, I decreed only Thalmor and Imperial Soldiers could be kidnapped for feeding. :P

The thing is, most people don't like their in-laws, human and non-human alike.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose my biggest 'What Have I Done' act is siding with the Volkihar. By all rights as a generally law-abiding, champion of the people type Dovahkiin who eschewed the Thieves Guild and DBH, I should've sided with DG but I took an immediate dislike to Isran (and the Vigilants in general) - goddamn self-righteous Van Helsing bigots - how dare they send assassins and death squads after me after I saved Skyrim from Alduin for the (near) victimless crime of being a vampire! And I adore Serana so I took her back to her father, accepted his gift and threw in my lot with them.

I know about the slaves in the dungeon and the rib cages in the hall (though I got a clean up mod), I refuse to murder innocent people but what can I do - my dovahkiin is married to Serana and I have to learn to live with the fact that the in-laws are beyond boorish.

In my headcanon, after I took over the Castle, I decreed only Thalmor and Imperial Soldiers could be kidnapped for feeding. :P

The thing is, most people don't like their in-laws, human and non-human alike.

Amen to that

During the Companions quest, I got the impression that the Silver Hand were basically just the Dawnguard except for werewolves. I mean, obviously they're not nice people but they were never the aggressors in that conflict except once, which was basically retaliation for the constant attacks from our side.

I kept thinking: "Wait, aren't we sorta being the bad guys here?"

During the Companions quest, I got the impression that the Silver Hand were basically just the Dawnguard except for werewolves. I mean, obviously they're not nice people but they were never the aggressors in that conflict except once, which was basically retaliation for the constant attacks from our side.

I kept thinking: "Wait, aren't we sorta being the bad guys here?"

I was wondering that too, until they killed Kodlak...

Really, it feels like it was all about Aela using you to fulfill her personal vendetta. She's the one who's Hircine's servant, unlike the other Companions. It's all good and nice, but she ended up bringing the wrath of a Dawnguard-style guild upon Jorrvaskr. Her private issues with werewolf hunters in general (while the only amicable werewolves in the game are the Companions anyway, even the nice imprisoned dude in Falkreath is a child killer) ended up putting Jorrvaskr on the hunters' map, and we as players end up causing Kodlak's murder.

Another moment I can think of now wasn't exactly a "what have I done?" as much as a "what have I let this *censored* do?" - when Serana kills the second last Snow Elf without ever giving you the chance of talking him into submission. I rant so much about that particular scene that I may have already done so here in these forums... can't be sure. Bear with me if I'm being redundant.

Edit: I'm mildly amused by the fact that a Skyrim forum censors uh... female dogs. :P

Edited by sisterof

I was wondering that too, until they killed Kodlak...

Sure, but that was directly after you assasinate one of their leaders. I mean, at that point, attacking Jorrvaskr was kinda justified.

Even the first time you run into them, they actually got to Dustman's Cairn first had had even excavated the damn place. Of course they're not going to let you and Farkas waltz in there and plunder their treasure. You'd have done the same thing.

Skjor? Dude tried to take a Silver Hand base on his own. What the hell did he expect would happen?

Sure, but that was directly after you assasinate one of their leaders. I mean, at that point, attacking Jorrvaskr was kinda justified.

Even the first time you run into them, they actually got to Dustman's Cairn first had had even excavated the damn place. Of course they're not going to let you and Farkas waltz in there and plunder their treasure. You'd have done the same thing.

That's my point. It may be largely Aela's fault (and ours for cooperating) that Kodlak got killed and Jorrvaskr invaded.

As for their presence in the Dustman's Cairn, they had no business with Wuuthrad's fragments. If they were after it, it was a direct attack against the Companions. Now it got me thinking... Were they targeting the Companions before Aela (and Skjor) got pissy? I'm not sure who started the fight. If I remember correctly (and it's been a while), Kodlak didn't want any fighting anymore.

Edited by sisterof

The Silver Hand are also targeting other werewolves who may be peaceful but even worse they target ordinary people they suspect. Their dungeons are full of dead/tortured people not just werewolves.

Spanish Inquisition, anyone?