Archive Invalidation Invalidated crash at startup! Help please&#33

Hero2142

Hi, I have Fallout 3 Game of the Year Edition and am trying to mod it. Whenever I use Archive Invalidation Invalidated (even with all other mods uninstalled) the game crashes on startup. I have no idea what to do about it, I found someone online who had the same problem but it was linked to DarNified UI and mine crashes without anything else installed. If anybody has any helpful advice I would very much appreciate it. Thank You

If you are crashing when you activate Archive Invalidation Invalidated! it is usually a user interface issue. Since you have no mods installed make sure that you do not have a "./Bethesda Softworks/Fallout 3/Data/Menus/" folder. Delete your FALLOUT.INI in your "./My Documents/My Games/Fallout3/" and try starting the game which will create a new INI for you.

Thank you, I got the game to run with it on now. However, as soon as a install a mod with files in the menu folder like DarN UI it crashes again, am I just not gonna be able to use this type of mod? I really wanted DarN UI so I could get the extra menu options for the Fallout Wanderer's Edition mod . . .

• 1 month later...

If you are crashing when you activate Archive Invalidation Invalidated! it is usually a user interface issue. Since you have no mods installed make sure that you do not have a "./Bethesda Softworks/Fallout 3/Data/Menus/" folder. Delete your FALLOUT.INI in your "./My Documents/My Games/Fallout3/" and try starting the game which will create a new INI for you.

thank you blove.....same trouble here after a complete re-install. followed your instructions and initally anyway, Fose starts up!

regards, josalshep

@Abbeygirl2142 - Have you read this thread http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/120735-how-to-install-mods-for-fallout-3/

Is your equipment up to running Fallout3? Do you have Fallout3 loaded outside the Program Files? If you have a quad core or higher cpu, did you change the Fallout.ini to limit the cpu to only 2 cores?

No I have not read that, just looked it over. I am currently reinstalling fallout 3 outside my program files because thats where it was before. Also, I have a quad core, what line do I need to enter to limit it to 2 cores? Thanks so much, I really hope it will work after all this!

• 6 months later...

So darn UI and Archive Invalidation Invalidated do not work together?

Yes they do and have been working together for years. It is not a problem with compatibility between these two mods, but usually an installation problem. Either with the base game or the mods themselves.

• 4 years later...