Why some stuff was left out of skyrim?

Deleted1308005User

it would have been good if there were some songs for the bards to sing about you after certain quest lines.

a variation of "The Age of Aggression/Oppression " for after the civil war quest would be appropriate considering that the bards were a major news media outlet and the main way for the majority to find out about current events.

You can choose to destroy the Dark Brotherhood rather than join their faction as an alternate questline,but not the Thieves Guild. Also they could have added quests for the Vigilant's of Stendaar such as hunts for daedra worshipers/shrines or turn in relics for them to destroy/seal away/do whatever with.

I miss the mark and recall spells. They were so useful and it doesn't seem like including them would have caused too much trouble, especially if the game only let you use them in certain places or restrict it to when there's not an active cut-scene prepared in the area (ex. if you haven't yet cleared a dungeon you can't recall from it). It always bugs me with Thieves Guild radiant quests having to fast travel to the hideout entrance, go inside the hideout and then make my way to the Ragged Flagon just to turn the quest in and get another before making my way all the way back out. It takes far longer than it should.

Haggling would be nice, but I'd rather have a barter system back. It's incredibly annoying when a merchant has something I want that costs thousands of gold and while I don't have the gold I have many times the item I wants value in other items I'm waiting to sell, but the merchant doesn't have enough gold to cover a fraction of the price. I can't count the amount of times I've missed out on an item with a needed enchantment I hadn't been able to find because of that (I always max out enchanting long before I disenchant all the items I need to). What merchant would refuse ten-thousand septims worth of precious gems (before markup) in exchange for an enchanted item worth six-thousand (after markup)? Every merchant in Skyrim apparently. Alchemy is where I can make most of my coin though, potions made with a maxed alchemy skill have a really nice markup.

I kind of wish there was some way to hire that aspiring merchant Ysolda in Whiterun to unload all of my wares for me (even if there was some kind of time delay and commission taken), I'd thought that's what was might to happen with her character when I first met her but alas it wasn't to be.

Spellcraft could be nice but I'd not have minded it's absence so much if there were more spells included in the game from the get go. A lot of the lower level destruction spells become pretty useless in high-level play (less so with the perks, but even then they aren't great) as they seem to barely do any damage to opponents who often have massive health and armor ratings at that point. I don't see why low level spells (flames, sparks, etc) couldn't have their magicka cost and damage bumped to be appropriate for each spell rank (Novice, Apprentice, etc).

Aside from Invisibility, Illusion can become pretty useless at high levels as well, since enemies will spawn at a higher level than any illusion can affect with all possible perks. I'd also have liked the Chameleon spell back, because while it wasn't as effective as invisibility, I didn't have to cast it between each backstab if I wanted to keep disappearing between kills and it didn't go away every time I interacted with anything. There's pretty much no action that can be taken while invisible aside from moving, stealthing, or raising and lowering hands that won't end that spell no matter how non-hostile.

Levitation would be nice, but it'd break a lot of the dungeons and make the province seem even smaller than it already is. I mostly just wish the province was bigger, it seems oddly small to me. Sure, it can take a long time to get to some of the more remote places for certain quests if you have to traverse mountains (or climb them, in which case the way side that can be climbed isn't always obvious at a glance), but if you stick to the roads and ride a horse you can cross all of Skyrim in about a day and a half. Skyrim as shown on maps of Nirn is supposed to be roughly 300 miles by 400 miles isn't it? In reality, swapping for fresh horses every opportunity it should take around a week or more (unless you're galloping the whole, in which case it'd be faster but require more horses as they'd exhaust quick).

I'm not suggesting they should have made the world scale or function in real time, it'd just have been nice if the map was maybe double size and the in-game clock speed reduced by half so then it would take around six in game days. They'd not even have to put more stuff in it, more mostly empty space (just foliage and the occasional random spawn animals) on the map is fine with me, a lot of areas are really packed together with stuff already anyway. I can't even tell if the Dark Brotherhood hideout is supposed to be considered near to Falkreath or not. It's pretty close to town, sure, but not terribly close and nobody really mentions it's proximity as far as I recall.

it was dumbified for the play boxes. There never was an intent to make it a game for PC users. Dx 9 was released in Dec 2002. Xbox 360 was released in Nov 2005. The game was made for this system and API. With the extremely limited hardware capability (by todays standard) we all opted to settle for 7 and 10 year old technology. Granted, Skyrim is a fantastic game, no doubts about that at all. But, we as PC users have to settle for altered content (all new ES releases have changed things, so no biggy there) and less then grahpical standards of today. The list of things left out is obvious. You can start with bodies. there are 2. Male and female. no age at all. The gaurds are all cookie cutter, the 2D graphics with periodic 3D overlays. The lighting and effects hence all the ENB's our tallented modders have envisioned. The basic 2D armor, the distortion from first to 3rd person. the camera zoon and pan, the lack of controls, trapping the mouse, hardcoding keys, yadda yadda yadda

What was really left out was a game for PC users.

Edited by Brandy_123

Some of you seem to fail to grasp the concept that they didn't set out to create Oblivion II, they set out to create Skyrim. It was not in any way, shape, or form a direct sequel. They even went out of their way to make it 200+ years after Oblivion.

Some of you seem to fail to grasp the concept that they didn't set out to create Oblivion II, they set out to create Skyrim. It was not in any way, shape, or form a direct sequel. They even went out of their way to make it 200+ years after Oblivion.

Fundamental mechanics of the series are fundamental. All of this stuff wasn't just in Ob, they were in damn near every ES game. They are expected features.

Nobody wanted Ob 2.0

That's one of the biggest (and most hilarious) fallacies the fan boys can come up with. Skyrim's a joke compared to it's predecessors.

Edited by Enatiomorph

Wild Werewolves are added in Dawnguard, and they are not kidding around.

Most of the reductions in Skyrim I'm okay with, since the game really isn't about custom spells (which broke Oblivion, I'm sorry, but it did) or piece-by-piece armor, it's about exploration, combat, and the story. All those things just got in the way of that.

Also, you simply could not get the great detail you could in the cities and make them open (a requirement, if there is levitation) and still have them lag-free.

Although, I agree, the barter system in Fallout games would have served well here. Being able to use an item as currency is quite valuable, IF they are willing to take it.

Edited by DaedalusMachina