Kudos

Stemin

I really don't see the point of it since there's not even a notification. I don't even know until I go back and read one of my posts and then I'm just like "when did that get there?" So how should I feel appreciative for something I:

1. Don't know why I received.

2. Don't know when I received.

3. Don't have anyone to thank.

Kudos distinguish regular users from trended users. Kudos can tell how the community as a whole feels about a user. Kudos can be given by mod authors who feel the users who endorsed their mod and commented in a respectful way deserve a cut of the pie. Kudos can tell you how much to trust someone's advise on technical questions, mod advise or just suggestive commenting that adds play-ablity to a mod.

I agree with Stemin that it is strange to notice that I've gotten a kudo, and have no idea where it came from or why. On the other hand, seeing them makes me feel appreciated and makes my day a little nicer, and probably makes me more patient when I am posting, so I am glad they are there!

I wonder, though, if there is a way (someday in the far future when all the pressing matters are solved!) to get a message that the kudo received was linked to "X" thread or post, just so I have an idea what I am being kudo'd for, even if it remains anonymous?

Just a thought, for when you guys have nothing else to do...:whistling: