Blood on the Ice Bug

Dovahkiin069

Hello all, i have a bug in my game that doesn't let me start the quest "Blood on The Ice", Calixto Corrium is alive, Viola Giordano as well,i've read some spoiler of the quest and it says that the "crime scene"is the location where the quest begins.But it doesn't have any crime scene in Windhelm, and i can't buy Hjerim because the steward say something about.

Any help is welcome.

Maybe you've missed one of the other requirements?

Quote from the UESPWiki:

This quest is triggered by a counter that starts at the beginning of the game which will increase each time you visit the city of Windhelm or the immediate surrounding area. When it reaches four, the Blood on the Ice quest will be available, although two more conditions must be met:

The player has to enter Windhelm, either through the main gate or by fast-traveling, between 7pm and 7am. The graveyard scene should then be triggered and the quest ready to go.

Tova Shatter-Shield and Arivanya need to be alive (see bugs section).

Maybe you've missed one of the other requirements?

Quote from the UESPWiki:

This quest is triggered by a counter that starts at the beginning of the game which will increase each time you visit the city of Windhelm or the immediate surrounding area. When it reaches four, the Blood on the Ice quest will be available, although two more conditions must be met:

The player has to enter Windhelm, either through the main gate or by fast-traveling, between 7pm and 7am. The graveyard scene should then be triggered and the quest ready to go.

Tova Shatter-Shield and Arivanya need to be alive (see bugs section).

Now i seen my problem,i've completed the "Mourning Never Comes", and Tova Shatter-Shield has comited suicide because i've killed Nilsine to marry Muiri,but Arivanya is alive.Anyway, thank you.

This quest has always puzzled me, and seems to be different on all my characters. My current character is about the 4th one who has been able to buy the house and yet it is the first one in which it has had the graveyard scene with the guard triggered, the other times investigating the house has triggered the quest, and only once have I had the full quest of finding out about Calixto. The others have just ended with the arrest of the castle mage