Companion Quest mod wanted

Redbeard007

I have one character that will not do this quest because the entire roleplaying experience I set out for him: I used a bat file to make him a Dunmer-Bosmer half-breed Vampire right from character creation in Helgen. At this point he has completed almost all of Dawnguard on the vampire side, has turned his wife into a Vampire too, and so on and so forth. I can't give up so much thought and time into the roleplay part of the game to give it up for wanting to help the Companions stop those trying to kill them (or trying to complete more of the game).

It might be lore breaking but I for one would be happy to have the quest go like this: Skjor wants him to drink from the fountain and my vampire character drinks the blood, but the game checks if he is a vampire and adjusts the quest accordingly. The result for this vampire character would be getting a message box stating "The beast blood cannot turn a Vampire into a Werewolf, but it's power sends you on a horrible blood rage induced thurst..." to then a black screen and waking up at the point in the quest were you wake up naked next to Aela the Huntress before going after the Silver Hand. The conversation with Aela about the ramage could fit close enough under this situation. The whole part of becoming a werewolf and its advantages/disadvantages gets skipped, but the quest line goes along like normal.

If I had the skills to work this into the quest, where the script or whatever could check for the "IsPlayerVampire" type rank (or whatever it is) and then skip the becoming a werewolf thing, I would. I could probably do it with forced quest advancement on the console (and possibly breaking my game with corrupt save files and who-knows-what-else going wrong), but that skips the possibilty of those doing it without the want, skill and/or console to do it with. I am so very surprised this type of mod wasn't out right after Dawnguard for those that chose to do a vampire character just for this expansion and don't want to look back!!! :devil:

I know my Werewolf Conjuration/Destruction Mage character will never joing the Volkihar vampire side either: same problem of being forced to abandon so much roleplaying to make that choice.

• 3 weeks later...

For a long while I have tried to think of a way to easily fix this and have come up with a way to bypass the werewolf beast blood. The first thing is simply to add dialog to the current harbinger. After going into the underforge and meeting with Skjor and refusing the beast blood proceed to the harbinger Kodlak and let him know what is going on. At this point there needs to be dialog that would let you tell him what happened. Then the harbinger sends you on the quest to kill the witch coven and recover the heads of the witches.

So, in essence the whole thing just needs a small dialog enhancement to include the ability to interact with the harbinger.

I'm planning on offering the choice not to become a werewolf in my Companions Guild overhaul. I don't want to just remove 1/3 of the Companions questline, though; it's short enough already. So instead I'm adding some quests where you help Kodlak find information about what the cure is.

Do you happen to have an estimated time of completion for this "Companion Guild Overhaul" mod?

Thank You!

Edited by Redbeard007

I don't know when the mod will be "complete," as I'll probably be adding things to it for a long time. But the ability to decline the choice to become a werewolf...certatinly by the end of the year, maybe by the end of November if all goes well.

I have downloaded the current version of this mod and so far except for a few lapses in the audio dialog all is going well. I have not been assigned the 'Proving Honor' quest yet but will let you know how this part progresses.

The 'Proving Honor' quest is now complete and so far have been assigned several new short quests and the only problem I find is the lapses in the audio dialog.

BTW ... I started a new character after downloading and installing this mod to test it out for myself.

Edited by Redbeard007

I have now completed all of the Companion Quests to the "Silver Hand" quest. I have met with Skjor in the underforge and refused the 'beast blood'. Now I am seemingly stuck with no where to go because the dialog with Kodlak Whitemane is the same as before and all of the companions circle no longer have any dialog for more work or continue any further with anything.

So, how do I get past this point?

You can always get a Witch Head and take it to the Alter and kill your Wolf Spirit and become Human again. It's not that difficult unlike the Vampire Cure for Oblivion which was ridiculous because you had to gather to many Ingredients just for her to make a Potion. Edited by Jitansgate