Guild Wars 2 Guild

Jagermh

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one getting numerous login attempts from all over China?

i dont think so?

personal update; slowly chugging away. up to level 31 Human Thief. got the Asura and Sylvari home worlds complete. going back to my homeland to do some more story line quests (now that im 10 levels ahead of them) as well as some home world exploration. its going slow because i usually only have time for an hour or so, enough to get my daily achievements, which usually nets me about a level or so. except today, i was able to play a little long and get about 2 and a half levels. probably would have been more because a few World Events i did, didnt give me the reward when i completed them, which i think might have had something to do with the fact i died right as they were being completed and being teleported back made it so i didnt get the victory? idk. ive died before during WEs and still gotten the reward. hell ive gotten rewards never even participating. but these 2 or 3 today i was apart of for the whole of them, and there were pretty decent WEs, taking up some time and multiple people to complete, and i didnt get the rewards, so that was probably another half a level in XP i was robbed of lol.

but anyways, still heavily enjoying my Thief. next time im on gunna work on my crafting some more :D

Those are login attempts from hackers who may have other passwords from other accounts on other games that they're trying on this one because of the common email address.

You should report this to ArenaNet, it's important that they know so they can stop those scumbags.

Don't worry, unless they get your email account AND your game account password, you're pretty safe.

good thing my password uses a combination of Upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols and is a reasonable size length. i always feel a little safer when i use this password. unfortunately, i use it (or some incarnation of it) for just about everything lol. O.o

Those are login attempts from hackers who may have other passwords from other accounts on other games that they're trying on this one because of the common email address.

You should report this to ArenaNet, it's important that they know so they can stop those scumbags.

Don't worry, unless they get your email account AND your game account password, you're pretty safe.

I'm thinking they've got the email address from some spammers and are just trying random email accounts, I would change the email account I use to one purely for this but I can't find an option to do.

I'm thinking they've got the email address from some spammers and are just trying random email accounts, I would change the email account I use to one purely for this but I can't find an option to do.

I actually have an email account dedicated to Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2. :P

It's helpful because I know that I should only get ArenaNet mail on that one.

good thing my password uses a combination of Upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols and is a reasonable size length. i always feel a little safer when i use this password. unfortunately, i use it (or some incarnation of it) for just about everything lol. O.o

With the exception of how the pw is made, change that practice of using the same one then Hoof, hackers are now onto stuff like that. If they get one password, they get all your game accounts.

About your World Event rewards missout, I think if you go to a waypoint and leave the area it doesn't count you as being there. I'd wait until after the event is over if someone happens to be around and rezzes you. :thumbsup:

i dont think so?

personal update; slowly chugging away. up to level 31 Human Thief. got the Asura and Sylvari home worlds complete. going back to my homeland to do some more story line quests (now that im 10 levels ahead of them) as well as some home world exploration. its going slow because i usually only have time for an hour or so, enough to get my daily achievements, which usually nets me about a level or so. except today, i was able to play a little long and get about 2 and a half levels. probably would have been more because a few World Events i did, didnt give me the reward when i completed them, which i think might have had something to do with the fact i died right as they were being completed and being teleported back made it so i didnt get the victory? idk. ive died before during WEs and still gotten the reward. hell ive gotten rewards never even participating. but these 2 or 3 today i was apart of for the whole of them, and there were pretty decent WEs, taking up some time and multiple people to complete, and i didnt get the rewards, so that was probably another half a level in XP i was robbed of lol.

but anyways, still heavily enjoying my Thief. next time im on gunna work on my crafting some more :D

I might try theif soon, I haven't had much experience with classes other than elementalist. I really hate thief characters in sPvP, they're really annoying when you're playing an AoE elementalist.