Guild Wars 2 Guild

Jagermh

"Maxing 1 crafting discipline to 400 raises you 10 character levels, maxing all disciplines levels you to 80."

lol I just made bags and left crafting alone, ok back to crafting.

I just realized how complicated engineers really are. I'm easily out damaged by other classes with pistols/rifles, and soloing groups of 3-5 in thight spaces is suicide!

The weird thing is, my survivability and usefulness start to shine around dynamic events; reviving other players, throwing elixirs, and annoying veteran mobs and bosses with debilitating skills. And mines! Oh so fun to use.

Oh and I got my butt kicked inside Beggar's Burrow in Queensdale, if you're heading there, bring plenty of friends.

PS Am I the only one having a hard time at scuba fighting? I really suck at it.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gah no! I hated at least 3 places fighting under water. I LOVE the places underwater and stuff but its so easy to get swarmed and confused down there.

"Maxing 1 crafting discipline to 400 raises you 10 character levels, maxing all disciplines levels you to 80."

lol I just made bags and left crafting alone, ok back to crafting.

I just realized how complicated engineers really are. I'm easily out damaged by other classes with pistols/rifles, and soloing groups of 3-5 in thight spaces is suicide!

The weird thing is, my survivability and usefulness start to shine around dynamic events; reviving other players, throwing elixirs, and annoying veteran mobs and bosses with debilitating skills. And mines! Oh so fun to use.

Oh and I got my butt kicked inside Beggar's Burrow in Queensdale, if you're heading there, bring plenty of friends.

i wanted to play the Engineer sooo bad but i just found him sooo boring. the moves he has with his weapons (which he has like 3 to chose from) are horrible, and he cant weapon swap! maybe ill give him one more try soon.

and no. underwater fighting has been pretty easy for me. the mesmer in particular is very good underwater.

@HM

i cant believe youve been able to play so much! not only lvl 80 but 100% map completion! ill most likely never get either of those :P but congrats, now to get every class to level 80 haha

I hit 12 yesterday with my Ranger and tennish with my warrior. Things are going well. I also set out to explore as much of Kryta as I could, and only managed to do about 15%. Considering Kryta is just one single country, yet about the size of Skyrim, I honestly can't believe how damn huge Guild Wars is. Sure, #1 was huge too, but this is crazy for a launch title.

I'm starting to realise my Ranger isn't really something you play like a Hunter. More along the lines of a controller. I've found that despite it's lower DPS, the shortbow is my weapon of choice, since it's positional damage and hefty bleeds make it ideal for facing down veterans and champions. In larger battles against single targets, being able to slip around behind 'em and lay down 15 stacks of bleed and 10 of poison while stunning the boss up the wazoo, are very useful skills to have.

I hit 12 yesterday with my Ranger and tennish with my warrior. Things are going well. I also set out to explore as much of Kryta as I could, and only managed to do about 15%. Considering Kryta is just one single country, yet about the size of Skyrim, I honestly can't believe how damn huge Guild Wars is. Sure, #1 was huge too, but this is crazy for a launch title.I'm starting to realise my Ranger isn't really something you play like a Hunter. More along the lines of a controller. I've found that despite it's lower DPS, the shortbow is my weapon of choice, since it's positional damage and hefty bleeds make it ideal for facing down veterans and champions. In larger battles against single targets, being able to slip around behind 'em and lay down 15 stacks of bleed and 10 of poison while stunning the boss up the wazoo, are very useful skills to have.

Yeah its huge. I feel like I could never fully explore (I include the secret areas. :D I love those places!) the whole world.

I personally like the longbow. I like the area attack it has and the knock back one too. Rapid shot is nice as well.

I got my jeweling up to 62. o_O

The hardest part is gathering enough resources to do it. I've been exploring the level 1-15 areas so I get plenty.

Today, i made an Engineer. She's now level 10, and I've gotta say, it's a funny ld class. Your DPS is crap, your healing is crap, but bloody hell you've got some toys.

Mines, shotguns, grenades, flamethrowers(you heard me) and even a bloody missile launcher! As if that wasn't enough you can also deploy turrets, and lay down so OK bleeds aswell. For what it lacks in power or versatility, it makes up for in raw divserity firepower, and some great utilities.

Holy crap HM! HOw in the world did you do that!? I'm 44, and only have about 29% of the world explored. You must have a LOT of time on your hands. It'll take me a loooong time to do what you did and I'm not really sure I have that time to spare. :sad: And that really stinks for me because I want one of those Sunrise Legendary Greatswords.

Guys I cannot find anyone who sells gathering tools.... :wallbash:

Am just a bit peed off still as I have to replace CPU and MOBO on the big gaming rig, so am very thankful for the beefy laptop so I can carry on gaming!

Guys I cannot find anyone who sells gathering tools.... :wallbash:

Am just a bit peed off still as I have to replace CPU and MOBO on the big gaming rig, so am very thankful for the beefy laptop so I can carry on gaming!

They will be sold at general merchants, you'll see the word "merchant" above their head. They also sell salvage kits and other general goods.