Guild Wars 2 Guild

Jagermh

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im just having a tough time deciding what i wanna be. kind of sucks you cant read what your skills do until your the level you need to be to unlock them, so i cant see what a certain class can do until i get there.

i have realized i liked the Asura the best. partly because the voice actor is the Enligh voice actor for Toshiro Hitsugaya and Neji Hyuga. plus i like the feel of them. my first toon was a Charr Guardian. i liked the Charr race, but not the Guardian Class. it was slow and clunky and i wasnt really a fan of being melee. looked and messed around with some of his other weapon choices, but none of them really seemed like what i want, and his traits i had access too werent anything that interested me. ive tried all the other races, but as i said Asura seem to be my favorite.

ive tried all the classes except warrior (i imagine it to be similar to Guardian and even if not, dont really want to be melee anyways), which means so far ive enjoyed the Elementalist, the Engineer and the Mesmer. wasnt a fan of the Ranger or the Necro. and although im not a fan of melee, i tried out the thief and it seemed kind of fun (now ill mention, when i say try, i mean just through the opening tutorial, unlocking only the first 3 abilities) but the thief also has the ability to go ranged as well which i like.

so yea, no sure who i wanna try. those four (Ele, Mesmer, Engineer, and Thief) all seemed like something i would play (although my Ele was a human cause i liked how he looked, the other three were Asura). i wanna try them all to like level 5. only thing im a little worries about is that (and this happens to me with most new MMOs i try) that ill play the beginning so many times, that by the time i find something i like, ill be board of the game. happened with WoW and SWTOR (though i eventually went back to WoW with a friend and played a bunch) but yea. its a little less of a threat knowing i dont have to pay anymore, but yea, it still worries me cause i do it every time. play too much too fast and lose interest in the game before it even gets good. just gotta remind myself to break it up. play some LoL, some FONV (which i just got back into) and the new Walking Dead Content on Ps3. lol but im rambling

so im curious, what do you all choose to play as at first, and are you happy with it? what other classes/races interest you? how are you liking the game so far? do you see yourself playing this a lot, or getting i sick of it fast? anything you find yourself not quite liking? i know its a lot of questions, but im new to GW and sort of new to MMOs in general, so im curious to hear your opinions!

Charr Thief

I love the charr, I doubt I'll ever choose another race. I like the thief, his dual dagger skills are great. Secondary weapon I use a shortbow, skills on that one are so-so.

I played Elementalist and Ranger during beta, I absolutely love the Elementalist and I should have chosen that as my profession, mostly because of the wide variety of spells/effects. (Fire deals AOE damage, Electricity spreads from enemy to enemy, water additionally heals, not sure what earth does, knockback prolly.)

I tried Ranger only cause I thought that it will be fun, but dammit the pets are annoying to take care of. I loved 2 handers on that one though.

In short, I'll play as thief now, then ele next time. Enjoying the game a whole lot currently, I still didn't fully figure out the crafting system...I guess I'm just slow at it. On topic of bored, I got bored of all MMO's, not with this one though. I played WoW till lvl 14, I got dead bored then. This one feels way too dynamic to be boring. I'll continue playing for quite some time I imagine, not really obsessive though.

Anybody else already started getting the phishing emails trying to get your password details?

I got a 'The wait is over' one and a 'Welcome to the world of GW2', both are legit.

I only get Diablo 3 and Runescape phishing mails, but that was before GW2 as well.

yea, no phishing emails here either. only ones from quests.

and i got added to the guild, but it was premature. i gotta figure out who i wanna play as first. once i figure that out, ill say something, then ill join the guild. the Charr Guardian that is added right now, wont bet he one i play as. it will most likely either be my Mesmer or my Engineer im assuming.

Hmm I don't think my game is working right. I cannot switch weapon sets, click the button and nothing happens, I apparently have a harpoon gun equipped but can't use it.

you cant switch weapons until like level 5 or 7 (i cant remember which) and if you already are those levels, then you dont have anything equipped because the harpoon gun is what you use for underwater combat. took me a bit to figure that out too.

Edited by hoofhearted4

http://www.arena.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/HeroEquipment.jpg

See the slots in the lower left corner (The blue bow and arrow next to the character's legs)? Those are your weapon slots. First 2 squares is your first set, second 2 (the ones below, with a II) is your second set. The weapons to the right (Blue textury ones) are special underwater weapons and breathing mask. Above those are your gathering tools, above those are your accessory slots. You can change weapons sets on level 7.

Take a look at the manual if you or anyone else needs help, MMO's are confusing to grasp sometimes. https://www.guildwars2.com/en/manual

Warning, you'll get lost in the crafting system at first as well. :biggrin: