Guild Wars 2 Guild

Jagermh

Sounds like its random, i think the chat room idea like Diablo 2 is better, if it places you in random servers.

I'm getting it hopefully tomorrow http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/thumbsup.gif

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like its random, i think the chat room idea like Diablo 2 is better, if it places you in random servers.

I'm getting it hopefully tomorrow http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/thumbsup.gif

no its not random. no MMO is random servers. we all chose, but litterally half of them are Full and the other half are all High. actually i was gunna go on Sea of Sorrows when i first started up cause it was only on high. i logged out and logged back in real quick and it was Full.

also, finally got to level 11 and you need 10 freaking silver to train your trait. ive been waiting this whole time to finally get to some new stuff and now i find out i need 10 silver! i barely ever have like 2 or 3! i guess i gotta start selling more. ive been salvaging everything which doesnt seem to be doing anything. i was looking at some things to craft, and none of the materials i have work for anything i can build. :/

loving the Mesmer though. still cant really find a weapon set i really like. the Greatsword and Staff were what i was running with for a while. now im using the staff, scepter and gun. fun switching up but annoying i cant find something i really like. rather i like the abilities from more then one, but cant combine them like some from the Greatsword, some from the gun, etc :P

the only other thing i found annoying is you have to buy 5 abilities from one section, before you can move on to another section, when you can only equip 4 max (well you unlock 4 slots, i can only equip 2 at level 11 so far) so you end up HAVING to buy a bunch of skills with your points even though you cant use most of them. you cant swap abilities out during combat, so basically your buying abilities for no reason. that i found a little stupid.

also, finally got to level 11 and you need 10 freaking silver to train your trait. ive been waiting this whole time to finally get to some new stuff and now i find out i need 10 silver! i barely ever have like 2 or 3! i guess i gotta start selling more. ive been salvaging everything which doesnt seem to be doing anything. i was looking at some things to craft, and none of the materials i have work for anything i can build. :/

Well I'm sitting on 20+ silver....but there's pretty much nothing to spend it on. Of course I've been doing the opposite of what you've been doing though. Haven't crafted a single thing yet, so I've sold just about everything I've ever looted. Character progression is starting to worry me however, as its becoming increasingly obvious once I reach lvl 30 I'll have every ability I could want. So all that remains to motivate me where character progression is concerned is armor/weapons. Basically just cosmetic stuff. Hopefully the story will really pick up by then, or else I might start losing interest in the game altogether. :sad:

World vs world is still fun with its zerg fest madness though. Speaking of which, thanks for the invite Jager. Hopefully we can all get together soon once the guest system has been implemented.

Edited by Kraeten

no its not random. no MMO is random servers. we all chose, but litterally half of them are Full and the other half are all High. actually i was gunna go on Sea of Sorrows when i first started up cause it was only on high. i logged out and logged back in real quick and it was Full.

loving the Mesmer though. still cant really find a weapon set i really like. the Greatsword and Staff were what i was running with for a while. now im using the staff, scepter and gun. fun switching up but annoying i cant find something i really like. rather i like the abilities from more then one, but cant combine them like some from the Greatsword, some from the gun, etc :P

the only other thing i found annoying is you have to buy 5 abilities from one section, before you can move on to another section, when you can only equip 4 max (well you unlock 4 slots, i can only equip 2 at level 11 so far) so you end up HAVING to buy a bunch of skills with your points even though you cant use most of them. you cant swap abilities out during combat, so basically your buying abilities for no reason. that i found a little stupid.

Have you done any of the main questline? I have plenty of money from just that, it's designed so you have enough money and XP so that you're never stuck grinding.

Maybe it's cause you've bought too many items or something.

I think if you're in the same party and right click on someone, you can transfer to wherever they are, but I don't know if that works across servers.

You can play together in PvP though, as long as you're on the same PvP server, but W v W v W is dependent on your server.

Maybe they'll bring up some more servers soon.

The 5 ability thing is for balancing, so lowwer level players can't mess up big creatures easy.

Well I'm sitting on 20+ silver....but there's pretty much nothing to spend it on. Of course I've been doing the opposite of what you've been doing though. Haven't crafted a single thing yet, so I've sold just about everything I've ever looted. Character progression is starting to worry me however, as its becoming increasingly obvious once I reach lvl 30 I'll have every ability I could want. So all that remains to motivate me where character progression is concerned is armor/weapons. Basically just cosmetic stuff. Hopefully the story will really pick up by then, or else I might start losing interest in the game altogether. :sad:

World vs world is still fun with its zerg fest madness though. Speaking of which, thanks for the invite Jager. Hopefully we can all get together soon once the guest system has been implemented.

At level 30 you have to start unlocking elite skills, they take longer to unlock.

Also, you may find yourself just playing PvP instead of PvE, I was really into PvP in the first GW and I didn't really spend much time in PvE.

yea ive been doing pretty much everything. Story quests, the Heart quests. Skill Point quests, looking for Vistas and teleporters for XP, World Events, mining, etc. i have bought weapons a few times. i would sell them, then buy them because i wanted to retry them. dumb on my part. now i just keep them in my inventory until i know what i want to play with :P

and yea, same there here on the character progression. you do unlock things quite fast, and because you HAVE to unlock things you cant use, its kind of boring. im still having a blast with this game, but i dont see myself getting to level 80 haha. im not usually a PvP person (or WvW in this case as well) in any game, but i might have to try it out.

I tried getting a copy yesterday and all i got was foot blisters. :down:

which is why you buy online :P

For a game with 20 gigs +updates? Nooouuuoouuouou

Anyway ill try calling the store and find out when they'll restock, see you guys soon(ish).

what stinks is that we are all on different servers. and the ones we are all on are all Full. so none of us can actually play together :(

are transfers free? if so, as a suggestion, maybe we should all transfer to one that is simple High. then we can all play together. but then i guess we would only be playing together if we were in the same area. idk how it works.

I think world transfer is free for now. And later it will be limited to once a week and cost gems. But a "guest" feature will be added where you can join worlds you have friends on, but you can't participate in WvW while there.

I know I read this somewhere on their website.

Edited by K00L

Hmm should i name myself as Thor. sense everyone would recognize me that way . http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/teehee.gif Edited by Thor.

I tried getting a copy yesterday and all i got was foot blisters. :down:

which is why you buy online :P

For a game with 20 gigs +updates? Nooouuuoouuouou

Anyway ill try calling the store and find out when they'll restock, see you guys soon(ish).

20 gigs isnt very much honestly. i mean unless you have a 300gb HDD and are full (actually which i do, since im on a laptop, but i made room)

Hmm should i name myself as Thor. sense everyone would recognize me that way . http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/teehee.gif

yea. your account name is whats added to the guild, so use Thor. your characters you can name whatever

Okay then its settled i am creating a new char, i bought the dvd version and the dlc version is off the guild wars 2 digital store for some reason. Tomorrow, to tired to start one tonight http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/teehee.gif And its a good thing i bought the dvd version, 20gb??? Edited by Thor.