Looking for mods that add new, non-OTT enemies

LukiLastlaugh

Hi folks.

I need some new enemies in my Skyrim, but the Skyrim Monster Mod is way OTT for me (plus it's not available in the Workshop).

After hours of searching, I've only found 2 which look like what I want: Werewolves of Skyrim and Dwemer Spectres.

Is that all there is? Did all the modders just see Skyrim Monster Mod and give up...? :(

Over the top.

Spiders the size of Whiterun, titanic horkers in the northern seas, that kind of thing, which seem to be featured in a number of mods made by people bored with their godlike level 80 characters.

Also, mods like Skyrim Monster Mod which throw in every single idea and resource that the author could get their hands on, regardless of whether it's a good idea.

Edited by LukiLastlaugh

Hi folks.

I need some new enemies in my Skyrim, but the Skyrim Monster Mod is way OTT for me (plus it's not available in the Workshop).

After hours of searching, I've only found 2 which look like what I want: Werewolves of Skyrim and Dwemer Spectres.

Is that all there is? Did all the modders just see Skyrim Monster Mod and give up...? :(

I'd suggest the lore friendly addon to Monster Mod http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/16411/?tab=2&navtag=/ajax/modimages/?user=0|:|id=16411 . I don't use the Monster Mod since something just seems off to me with the monster it adds in the game.

Also I'd suggest you abandon the workshop and start using the Nexus really. Try some quest expansions like Moonpath to Elsweyr for example. Warzones with the stormcloak and imperial makeover is neat to. Deadly Dragons! ASIS might also be your cup of tea :)

Edited by Korentin

Weird, surely I can't be the only one to want a mod like this...!

If I had the free time to learn the modding tools, it would be the first thing I'd try and do.

@Korentin that's also what I thought about the Monster Mod. If all those monsters were available as separate mods, I'd be happy, but I sure don't want all of them, or even half of them.

I've already got Moonpath (most of the best mods are also available through the workshop, including that one). It doesn't add new enemies to the main game areas though, which is what I'm after.

Edited by LukiLastlaugh

Sleeping Dangers-Sands of Time...by Tonycubed2....(Nexus only) Sorry, I don't know how to link....It started off as a mod that placed you in danger of being attacked whilst sleeping, percentages varying as to where you sleep, but now includes numerous encounters with all sorts of villains (humanoid) for walking encounters and fast travel encounters....Bandits, Mages, Orc Hunters, Bounty Hunters, an Assassin Group (the Assassins unique to this mod), etc... There are also extra's if your Dovahkin is a Werewolf or Vampire, they have unique Hit Squads hunting them....And all encounters can be set to your own personal preferences percentage wise and some can be toggled on or off to suit your preferences also....

It truly is a unique and brilliant mod, I couldn't imagine my game without it now....The modder also remains very available for questions, trouble shooting, etc...and very friendly and helpful.

Edited by StayFrosty05