Modded Oblivion ctd when leaving sewers

echutt3r

I've just gotten back into Oblivion after 12 years and decided to mod it to look and feel modern. Unfortunately it ctd's when trying to leave the sewers and every 1-2 minutes after I load the game when cocing away. I've spent a good amount of time trying to fix my game, so any help is much appreciated!

Here's my mod list: https://pastebin.com/0T4wHFPk

Edit: my system as is follows

GTX 1070 SC

i5 4570 quad core

500tb ssd

16gb ddr3 ram

The tutorial sewers don't tax you machine ... even in vanilla the load goes up once you leave the sewers. Add a whole bunch of mods (especially the "beautify" type) and you multiply that load increase.

I always run through the sewers on a minimal load order, exit and save. That save is the one I use while adding and testing mods. The more mods you add before testing the longer your troubleshooting sessions will be. If you add one single mod to a working game and it breaks it's a trivial matter to figure out where to start troubleshooting ... add fifty and then test and you're stuck sorting through the entire plate of spaghetti looking for that one noodle end that's the cause of your woes.

The tutorial sewers don't tax you machine ... even in vanilla the load goes up once you leave the sewers. Add a whole bunch of mods (especially the "beautify" type) and you multiply that load increase.

I always run through the sewers on a minimal load order, exit and save. That save is the one I use while adding and testing mods. The more mods you add before testing the longer your troubleshooting sessions will be. If you add one single mod to a working game and it breaks it's a trivial matter to figure out where to start troubleshooting ... add fifty and then test and you're stuck sorting through the entire plate of spaghetti looking for that one noodle end that's the cause of your woes.

I've tried disabling all my mods and going through the tutorial again with only the overhauls and Oblivion Reloaded installed. It still ctd's. I think I've pinpointed the ctd to Oblivion Reloaded unfortunately.

Disabling doesn't stop the game from seeing (and loading) replacer type mods (e.g. Quarls). Completely uninstalling is the only way to test for mods like that.

What do you use to set your load order?

Crash logger and Message logger might give you usefil infos about the source of the problem.

If they don't disable a bunch of mods, check if the problem remains etc and in the future install your mods one at a time so you know the culprit when your game becomes glitchy.

• 2 years later...

I've narrowed it down to Alive Waters Updated (https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/44069/?tab=posts).

It wasn't Oblivion Reloaded afterall :smile:Â I am now able to leave the sewers ctd free.

Â

Update: it still crashes within the first 30 seconds of me loading a save game. It seems to be just a generally unstable game.

Thanks you, my game was crashing and this fixed it

I've narrowed it down to Alive Waters Updated (https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/44069/?tab=posts).

It wasn't Oblivion Reloaded afterall :smile:Â I am now able to leave the sewers ctd free.

Â

Update: it still crashes within the first 30 seconds of me loading a save game. It seems to be just a generally unstable game.

Thanks you, my game was crashing and this fixed it