ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Skyrim CTD when loading a save :(

Arrun

Hey there Nexus community,

I recently reinstalled skyrim after about 5 months of not playing. I started a new character and this time decided i'd do some modding. So i started getting to CTD's while using these mods:

MODS

Armed to the Teeth

Apaachii sky hair

Jaysus swords

improved skill books

the complete skyforge

light dragonscales and bones

noguard helmets

Winter is coming - cloaks

strong carriages

npc use ammo

dD Enhanced Blood

Deadly Dragons

DD Armoury

DD Spells

dragon souls to perks

Bandolier

Duel - Combat Realism

Essential followers

ishs respec mod

LOTR weapons

blades factions fix

Jaysus swords

Midas Magic

SKY UI

CHSBHC - BBP - Nude and Jiggly mod

Categorised favourites

Better males - beautiful nudes and faces - new hairstyles -

NUDES - FavouredsoulMeshes

SKSE

Well placed weapons and quivers

High quality eyes

Forger

Tytanis

Warzones

Wars in Skyrim

So i began disabling them one by one, and, while the CTD's decreased in constancy, they still happened every 5 minutes or so (instead of every few seconds).

So i then read up about how buggy Tytanis is, and realising i didn't even want it, uninstalled it via NMM. Boom. Cannot load any more saves from that character. Thinking perhaps Tytanis had f***ed everything up, i backuped my saves, and reinstalled skyrim by deleting local content on steam and wiping all the folders manually too. I wake up today and i can create a new character with no problems and no mods, yet i STILL cannot load my old character.

What should i do? I really don't want to start a new character i'm sick of this problem !

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

NB. None of my others characters will load now.... that's very worrying to me, because i was very close to hitting max level on one of them ! Please help! :'(

Often savegames get attached to certain mods. This seems to happen randomly. The savegames are ruined unless you have the mods they need installed. So to play those warped savegames, you would need to install the mods they are attached to.

With Oblivion, you had to have all master files present on which a savegame was dependent, or it wouldn't load. You were able to circumvent this by using Wrye Bash to look at the save games and see the dependency list, then rename the .esm files to .esp within the save file so that the game didn't crash when the save was loaded. I'm not sure if all of the same holds true for Skyrim, but it may be worth looking into.