Archery/Marksman mods

Hi, I'll like to hear your experience with this skill, marksman, aka, bows and arrows.

Does someone play as an archer?

I think the vanilla skill is terrible (arrows are too weak, bows are too slow) and it could be enhanced with some mods (as everything, thanks to the modders :smile: ).

To be fair I'd go straight with my blade on a killingspree, but given that I'm gonna play an angel character and, well, she'll fit better if using a bow, right? (besides, archers look very cool, I think I'm doing something wrong)

If you could tell me some tips or advice on how to play as an archer I'd really really appreciate them (sincerelly I suck at archery).

Well, since I'm looking for some related mods too I post this topic on the Mods Talk, you can move it if you want.

Any recommendations or comments are welcomed! Thanks :happy:

Edited by 0303456

• 2 weeks later...

Ouch,

I think I totally suck at archery.

Being a Stealth Archer... yes! I've been doing some research over Internet ("research", omg) and that was "the best way to play Oblivion".

And I don't feel like holding click to gain strenght, my touchpad is though and my arrows too slow. I don't know what's the idea of being an archer when you can have magic and make an explosion of everything in sight, friend or foe for the sake of Sheogorath.

Well, I should try it later in some other time! Thanks though :/

Edited by 0303456

Early in the game my guys always rely on archery as a system to deliver poisons I've made. Trains up Agility (Marksman) and Intelligence (Alchemy), two attributes that come in handy once increased to 100. Once Intelligence and Willpower are at 100 I rarely use archery ... as you've noted spells offer a much more "interesting" option.