TTW, F3 Outside Shalebridge Crashing

DocDodo98

Hello,

I recently modded New Vegas to run TTW, and everything ran decent, until I went to Shalebridge, which caused a freeze (Had to end process via Task Manager) I have NVAC installed, Better Game Performance installed. I can post my load order or the NVSE error log if you need them. Please help!

Thanks ahead of time,

DocDodo98

If this is the wrong forum to go to about TTW issues please let me know.

Edited by DocDodo98

You have to first have a stable FNV game setup before you can add "overhauls" such as TTW.

Be sure to check out the TTW FAQ Forum "Recommended" and "Incompatible" mod links.

Please provide ALL the information requested in the wiki "How to ask for help" article. Don't forget to identify things that do not appear in the "load order", such as if you are using a "regional language version" of the game; using the FNV4GB Patch, NVSE and it's related plugins; replacements for textures (specifically their larger image sizes: 1024x1024, etc.), animations, or "bodies", etc.; and "post-processors" like ENB or SweetFX. It saves us playing "20 questions" and gets you a more specific answer more quickly. (The usual turn-around on post and reply in an older game forum is 24 hours.)

* See "How to markup images (etc) in forum posts and comments" article for how to use "Spoiler tags".

We REALLY need to see your sorted "load order" as produced by "LOOT"; to include the main game and DLC files. With modded games its the sequence, not merely the list of mods, which is the cause of many problems. LOOT's sort gives a good first approximation, correcting the most obvious issues and is sufficient for most players. You can make minor adjustments to the order and tell LOOT how to remember them. It's in the on-line documentation under "Metadata". Instructions on how to copy it's list for posting are in the "How to ask for help" article, and "Checklist Item #11' entry in the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide.

Please see the 'Vanilla Load Order' entry in the 'First Timer Advice' section; and the 'Common Game Problems' section of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article.

If the problem persists, then see either the 'Solutions to Starting the game problems' or the 'Solutions to "Crash To Desktop" (CTD) problems' sections in the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide.

I recommend anyone read the entire "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article to understand the differences between this game and others you may have experience with; especially if this is your first attempt to play a modded FNV or it's been more than a year since you last did so.

-Dubious-

Hello Dubious,

I am not running any graphical mods, enb's, or any such. I am running the game on a fresh install w/ mods and the .exe 4GB patched.

Here is my Load order.

0 0 FalloutNV.esm
1 1 DeadMoney.esm
2 2 HonestHearts.esm
3 3 OldWorldBlues.esm
4 4 LonesomeRoad.esm
5 5 GunRunnersArsenal.esm
6 6 Fallout3.esm
7 7 Anchorage.esm
8 8 ThePitt.esm
9 9 BrokenSteel.esm
10 a PointLookout.esm
11 b Zeta.esm
12 c CaravanPack.esm
13 d ClassicPack.esm
14 e MercenaryPack.esm
15 f TribalPack.esm
16 10 TaleOfTwoWastelands.esm
17 11 YUPTTW.esm
18 12 MoreChems.esp
19 13 AWorldOfPain(Preview).esm
20 14 Momod.esm
21 15 AWorldOfPainFO3.esm
22 16 TTWInteriors_Core.esm
23 17 TTWInteriorsProject_Combo.esm
24 18 Project Nevada - Core.esm
(Deactivated) Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
(Deactivated) Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
25 19 CFWNV.esm
(Deactivated) Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
26 1a Weapons.of.the.New.Millenia.esm
27 1b KillableKids.esp
28 1c Weapons.of.the.New.Millenia.Honest.Hearts.Grunt.Patch.esp
29 1d Weapons.of.the.New.Millenia.Leveled.Lists.esp
30 1e The Weapon Mod Menu.esp
31 1f CASM.esp
32 20 Better Game Performance.esp
33 21 WeaponModsExpanded.esp
34 22 Weapons.of.the.New.Millenia.Cheat.Cabinet.esp
35 23 TTW - AWOPNV.esp
36 24 TTW-AWOPNV-AWOPFO3.esp
I have read the FAQ's on TTW and some of the mods I have on currently are incompatible with TTW 3.2. I have tried deactivating these mods to fix the freeze, but the game still crashes without them. I have had a pretty successful playthrough with the mods listed above, until I discovered Shalebridge.
Thanks for the help so far,
DocDodo98
EDIT: I have let LOOT sort my load order for me, and it did not fix the freeze.
Edited by DocDodo98

"Deactivating" mods may not be enough. It depends upon your mod manager. The key is those mods have to not be present in the game "Data" folder, or the game engine will load them (whether it actually uses them or not), causing problems.

Our current understanding is that if you have a plugin (active or not) installed in the "Data" folder, the game engine loads it up into memory when it starts. This can cause problems such as conflicts, even though the plugin is not "actively" used by the game; and it does count against the "plugin cap". However, the plugin cap is mostly a guideline as to "more than this the game starts to have memory issues" and it really depends upon the mix of plugins and textures involved and how much memory they collectively consume as to when that occurs. You have a limited amount (4GB when patched; 2GB by default) of memory available to the game and every plugin of any nature consumes some of that memory. Add to this that the game can be shown to have "memory leaks" which eventually cause it to CTD.

Additionally, any time you remove a plugin from your current play-through you risk corrupting your save game files. This is because they typically store information there as to the state of their variables and quests. If you picked up a unique (non-vanilla) item added by a mod, that item (like any item you pick up) is stored in the save game, but also requires the plugin it came from to be available as that item's "source records". Hence the general advice to never remove a plugin from your current game.

So, convenient or not, uninstall those inactive plugins. Once you do play them, leave them in your game. At the very least, if you think they are "completed" and you have not kept any of their "unique" items, make sure you know which was the last save game prior to removing the mod and are prepared to have to revert back to it when things go wrong later on (no matter how many hours later that may be).

I would also be suspicious of "Better Game Performance" based upon some reports and it's age. (We've learned a lot since those early days.) It removes "clutter" and it turns out some "clutter" is used to trigger events, such as the "tumbleweed" that rolls past Doc Mitchell's when you first enter the exterior Mojave cell.

A "freeze" is just another form of "memory leak" or a CTD that doesn't actually get as far as triggering an "exception code". The 'Solutions to "Crash To Desktop" (CTD) problems' sections in the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide are your best bet to resolve it. Have you applied the "Sheson patch" to NVSE?

* The game has "memory leaks". Getting 2-3 hours before a CTD is pretty good. You might want to try using the tool "Memclean", which periodically (you can set the interval; default is every 15 minutes) tells the OS to perform it's built-in "clean up" of memory. It has a "mini-monitor" that displays memory usage. Doesn't seem to hurt and might help.

* You really need to use a "Merge Patch File" with that collection of mods. Please see the 'Third Rule: The Rule of One' and 'Merge Patch File' sections of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article.

I don't see any other obvious possible issues, but then I haven't played TTW. You had best register and ask on the TTW forum about Shalebridge specifically.

-Dubious-

I, also, do not use TTW, but the load order does not appear to me to be correct. Shouldn't all the FNV .esm files be together and not seperated by the FO3 .esm files?

I don't remember ever seeing the FO3 files ordered like yours are.