What the hey?

LizzieBee

Not sure how I did it or exactly what happened, but I managed to bork Starlight Drive In. Just that settlement and no others. Right now, whenever I am in Workshop mode, if I try to add or remove anything, as soon as I press <enter>, I get a CTD. Also, if I flip any power switch outside of Workshop mode, the same thing. All the other settlements are fine. Is this even possible? Does it mean the rest of my save is on the way out too? Is there any way to "reset" the drive in without messing everything up too? Is there a save game editor anywhere in the world that works properly ? So many questions... :laugh:

Power switches are messed up for me to in Red Rocket Truck Stop which i use as my actual home, meaning has most custom touches and stuff all over the place. So far, random CTD for using switches of any kind, light, siren...
I'm not sure and take it with a MASSIVE grain of salt but might be the "longer power cables" mod. But again, not sure and i just started playing and modding so i'm experimenting with lots of mods, adding and removing them so who knows what the hell it is. I'm not even trying a serious FO4 playthrough yet until i hit the sweet spot of mods i want and features i want added/removed with mods before i play it. Plain game is rather MEH.

Easiest 'solution' (I'd bet there is a 'save game editor' though) I could come up with would be to tear down your Starlight settlement.

Beeing aware that you cannot enter workshop mode, either one of these Mods could help:

* Advanced Follower Tweaks ; yep sounds strange, but it has a function to 'scrapp all' of the settlement.

* Sim Settlements (3 in 1), you can place a 'desk', and select a 'settlement blueprint' (City plan), after you've assigned a leader it asks you if it shall 'tear down everything' of the settlement, agree.
After that, a new settlement will be built automaticly.

Without mods, you could try to remove single objects until your Settlement works again.

However, for this method, I recomend 'Enhanced Console' which will give you a Tooltip info of your selected obejcts, it's not required, but helps a lot.

Once this mod is in place, click on the objects in Question with the console open and when you get the ID, enter 'disable'.

If the select object disapears (turns invisible), you might enter 'markfordelete', so it'll be deleted upon next Settlement load.

If the wrong object disapears, enter 'enable' to make it available again.

hth, all ideas and suggestion are to be used at your very own risk!

Edited by Sephrajin

Ah, never thought of the 'disable' command. The problem with trying to remove items while in workshop mode is that the item highlights, I can select 'R' to scrap it, but when I press enter to confirm that's when I get CTD. Will try the first option though, so thanks for the info.

I think I found (most) of the issue... Despite warnings to the contrary, using Place Anywhere, I placed 4 power pylons and a light outside the "zone" in the hills behind the workshop shack. To fix, I had to use disable in the console and remove most of my electrical work. Suddenly, everything is working again. Many thanks to all who provided advice. Take it from me - when you do something you are told not to, be prepared for the consequences :laugh: