Tips for combat?

GunnerofLife

Let me put it simple for you guys: I suck balls at combat. I usually don't. I mean, I have no problem swinging swords and stuff, but defense is something else. Right now, I'm battling 5-6 Drowners, and I don't have a silver sword. Why? Because I don't know how (kinda new, sorry.) It seems I can't block or dodge s*** in this game. I'm too busy swinging to actually be ABLE to dodge or block. Can somebody help me? This is so embarrassing as I'm only playing on Easy -.- Remember: I don't need help on offense, but I need MAJOR help on defense.

• 8 months later...
Someone in the same boat as me. Playing on easy and getting owned horribly. From what I have read the only way to not die is to exploit the roll ability and Spam bombs and the defensive sign like a drug addict. Edited by blackninja50

• 3 weeks later...

Gotta agreed playing easy would familiar you in the game! Also why not lvl up Quen it's the best spell ever if you are dying always. When you activate this sign in easy your basically walking tank. Also agreed with bombs, invest on them in chapter 1 buy some totally useful diagrams from Cedric and lvl up alchemist in the alchemy skill. Grapeshot bomb is a beast. Also buy some books for the monster you would encounter later on it's totally usefull. Knowing monster weakness would give you an advantage fighting them.