Uninstalling Creation Kit deleted all of my Skyrim files

ServantOfSin

So apparently, if you uninstall the creation kit it will delete all of your Skyrim files as well. Hours of customizing my game, 150+ mods, my custom race, and other random things I wrote my self are gone. Anyway to restore it? Or am I just screwed? Might burn me on Skyrim if it's all lost.

Sorry about that, couldn't resist. But I dont think that it deleted your saves or anyhting in the docments/my games/skyrim folder, so some of the stuff should be fine. And everything installed with the NMM is saved in a folder inside the NMM directory.

Yea it's all setup with Wrye bash to reinstall, except the plugins and scripts I was working on. Oh well. I couldn't undelete it either, but maybe the utility I was using wasn't good enough. So don't uninstall the creation kit!

How did you uninstall it to begin with... Google offers no help on how to remove it. :\

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This just happened to me to. Spent hours and hours of downloading and configuring mods, and the game was actually enjoyable. Then I wanted a little mod to reduce the ridiculous swimming speed, so decided to make a tweak with the Creation Kit.. I already had it installed from long time ago, but it wouldn't start and just gave an error message, so figured it was probably outdated and decided to reinstall it.. BIG MISTAKE! Right clicked Creation Kit > 'Remove local content'. It deleted EVERYTHING in my main Skyrim folder, and I mean everything, even SKSE files was gone!!

Sooooo... FU Creation Kit and FU STEAM! :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :facepalm:

Actually I'm through now with Skyrim for a looong time. I can't be bothered to spend another day reinstalling everything just to make the game enjoyable to play.

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

ran into this same damn issue.....thank god i had a backup of the bare bones skyrim + DLCs (with needed mods)......just have to install ALL the mods that i didnt have a backup of -_- was at 230 mods..... and only 6 hours into my current playthrough,,,,meh..thankfully all the mods i had listed installed on NMM so its easy to reinstall.......just takes 3-5 hours

Edited by brsingr11