Issues with z-fighting

Audley

Really, its a problem with how the FONV engine does LOD and how close the znear clip plane is.

So there is nothing we can do about this aside from reducing it and hoping in the next game it's fixed?

Really, its a problem with how the FONV engine does LOD and how close the znear clip plane is.

turning *down* far object lod

no way ;) that is more annoying than the flicker, because some flicker begins under 50m that will be ugly if u switch down the LOD so near.

@Audley

i hope u get the solution, from me if i found a way out of this flickering i will repeat here

Edited by CYNTHETIC

Well, I am working on a mod that pushes out the Znear a little. You can't push it very far before stuff starts disappering however.

Also, have to move the pipboy back to push it out much further then vanilla, Although I must say, NOT having the pipboy zoom when you switch to it, looks better to me, but then I have a huge screen.

turning *down* far object lod

no way ;) that is more annoying than the flicker, because some flicker begins under 50m that will be ugly if u switch down the LOD so near.

@Audley

i hope u get the solution, from me if i found a way out of this flickering i will repeat here

Well after searching for many hours I have given up hope of there being a legit fix somewhere. However, I have gotten my settings and ini files to the point where the flickering is barely noticeable though I can still see some clipping.

Edited by Audley

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...