Serana

avengeit

But the console don't work? Because i didn't buy Dawnguard yet, so i didn't had the possibility to try.

Dunno if the console would work, though I imagine it would. I've never tried that 'cuz to me it just wouldn't seem the same without the spouse-like dialogue.

But the console don't work? Because i didn't buy Dawnguard yet, so i didn't had the possibility to try.

Dunno if the console would work, though I imagine it would. I've never tried that 'cuz to me it just wouldn't seem the same without the spouse-like dialogue.

In the game, if you marry using the console, you still will have the spouse dialogue. At least for me.

One time, I've even married Elisif The Fair and she says "Hello my love, back from some adventure I bet".

In the game, if you marry using the console, you still will have the spouse dialogue. At least for me.

One time, I've even married Elisif The Fair and she says "Hello my love, back from some adventure I bet".

May or may not work depending on the voice files available for the particular NPC ... If the NPC uses one of the default voices, then the sound files will be present and so will the dialogue options in game. Serana uses a unique voice set, so when it comes time to show the dialogue for marriage/spouse, there is nothing there (no sound file) so no dialogue.

Interesting. Based on Perraine's post I guess that makes sense. Still, I didn't realize that so thanks for the info. For Elisif, I don't suppose you went through the whole Amulet of Mara/ Riften marriage thing did you? (I wouldn't think the scripting/animations would be there, but maybe I'm wrong on that too.)

Interesting. Based on Perraine's post I guess that makes sense. Still, I didn't realize that so thanks for the info. For Elisif, I don't suppose you went through the whole Amulet of Mara/ Riften marriage thing did you? (I wouldn't think the scripting/animations would be there, but maybe I'm wrong on that too.)

Yeah, the whole thing happened(but Gen.Tullius still don't respect me), i'ts so cool be the High King. :tongue:

Now back to Serana. I didn't heard Serana's voice, Perraine could be right. But try doesn't hurt right? You could just stay close to her and live with her in Fort Dawnguard/Castle Volkihar and imagine that she is your spouse. :tongue:

Yeah, the whole thing happened(but Gen.Tullius still don't respect me), i'ts so cool be the High King. :tongue:

Now back to Serana. I didn't heard Serana's voice, Perraine could be right. But try doesn't hurt right? You could just stay close to her and live with her in Fort Dawnguard/Castle Volkihar and imagine that she is your spouse. :tongue:

Well, go figure. I had no idea. I always liked the Elisif character, so maybe I'll even try that next game. All I'd need is a mod to allow for the dialogue "Hands to yourself, sneakthief... er, your Majesty." :tongue:

I honestly do think though that Bugthesda are going to make some major changes to he AI system in Skyrim with future DLC and that Serana (and Dawnguard as a whole) is sort of a "Test Case"...

Serana IS the most fleshed out character dialogue wise, and your choices do seem to have an effect on her attitude towards you (at least as far as further dialogue options are concerned) Maybe they are finally going to try and USE the "relationship rank" system properly, because currently it has basically F*all consequences ...

I think someone a Bugthesda has been playing Dragon age and noticed that you CAN actually change the way the game plays based on your relationship with a particular NPC, without totally destroying the game, you just need to actually use your brain and think your way through the stories a bit more ... (One possibility that springs to mind is Sapphire, perhaps you'll finally be able to get the whole story from her and bring her closure)

They've implemented a lot of things with Dawnguard, like inserting/merging the DLC content with the main story line, a dangerous move, because it can have some really profound consequences if your not very careful ... OR it cna be just plain annoying ( I've now visited Embershard Mine 4 times and "cleared" it 3 times, to retrieve "Dwemer Schematics" for the Dawnguard ... From the same chest! ... And I swear they weren't there the first time I looked!)

• 1 month later...

I honestly do think though that Bugthesda are going to make some major changes to he AI system in Skyrim with future DLC and that Serana (and Dawnguard as a whole) is sort of a "Test Case"...

Serana IS the most fleshed out character dialogue wise, and your choices do seem to have an effect on her attitude towards you (at least as far as further dialogue options are concerned) Maybe they are finally going to try and USE the "relationship rank" system properly, because currently it has basically F*all consequences ...

I think someone a Bugthesda has been playing Dragon age and noticed that you CAN actually change the way the game plays based on your relationship with a particular NPC, without totally destroying the game, you just need to actually use your brain and think your way through the stories a bit more ... (One possibility that springs to mind is Sapphire, perhaps you'll finally be able to get the whole story from her and bring her closure)

They've implemented a lot of things with Dawnguard, like inserting/merging the DLC content with the main story line, a dangerous move, because it can have some really profound consequences if your not very careful ... OR it cna be just plain annoying ( I've now visited Embershard Mine 4 times and "cleared" it 3 times, to retrieve "Dwemer Schematics" for the Dawnguard ... From the same chest! ... And I swear they weren't there the first time I looked!)

Yea, I hate going back to the same place and finding it repopulated with enemies I already wiped out before. I hate games in general that have spawn points because it's unrealistic and cheating, which is why I don't bother playing most mindless FPSes (Halo, Quake, Unreal, et al). But, as game designers mature, so too hopefully their programming and design capacity matures, bringing more evolutionarily advanced and thoughtful games that hopefully attract a similar audience.