⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Is anyone playing Dawnguard WITHOUT bugs/ crashing?

kevkiev

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't really play Dawnguard. I finally thought I had it working and I was ready to play it. Durak invites me to join. I go to the fort, and everybody attacks me, including Durok. I can't talk to the quest-giver because he is always attacking me.

I looked at the factions, and it seems like the only reason Durak would hate me is if I was a custom Dawnguard vampire. I am not even a standard vampire. Maybe I ought to just deactivate the DLC or construct a patch to disable the expansion's main quest and whichever of its features annoy me. I want the new crossbows and creatures and things.

I just realized that Steam gave me a free a free achievement: Vampire Mastered. The description says that you get this from having 11 vampire perks. Very odd. I am not a vampire, and I can't see where any vampire perks are listed.

So maybe the Dawnguard think I am a vampire because of all those vampire perks I supposedly have.

I encounter a "everybody hates you and wants to kill you"-problem After Harkon's little "Vampire Lord tutorial" every one in the main hall attacks me on sight. The strange thign is, the same NPCs are friendly towards me if they are in a diffrent location (let's say the forge). It's realy bugging me, cause I can't talk to Questgivers or walk arround in the castle.

Is there a fix for that issue? Or even a known reason for the bug?

I encounter a "everybody hates you and wants to kill you"-problem After Harkon's little "Vampire Lord tutorial" every one in the main hall attacks me on sight. The strange thign is, the same NPCs are friendly towards me if they are in a diffrent location (let's say the forge). It's realy bugging me, cause I can't talk to Questgivers or walk arround in the castle.

Is there a fix for that issue? Or even a known reason for the bug?

I can't confirm that this will fix the issue, but these are posts regarding this issue.

<LogRaam >

@Satorinu

Try this:

To fix it just use console command player.setrace <desiredrace>vampire after you get vampire lord power. (Example. player.setrace woodelfracevampire).

Or

<KingDark>

I figured out a way to fix it. First load a game at a point where you aren't attacked yet. (Or go to another place in the castle and wait for their alertness to go away) then use the console to fast travel to anywhere in the world. Wait twenty four hours ( a whole day ) then fast travel to the vampire's castle again. That did it for me.

///

Essentially if that doesn't work you only have one option and that is to narrow down your mods until you discover what is causing it.

1.) If you have dD - Enhanced blood & are getting the animation glitch, remove it.

2.) The castle attack-on-sight after VT issue for any reason - attempt above right after becoming VT and receiving the first quest, save your game & use the command. See if the problem is resolved, just do not attempt it in combat. If that fails, go back to before you even entered the castle; a clean save at any point and remove every mod - or narrow down the culprit.

3.) If you have a cosmetics mod such as Extended Sliders Colors and your eyes as a vampire appearing a human brown or anything other than vampiric glow, then you need to download the vampire eye fix.

4.) If you have & hate that your *female* vampire has a dirty face all of a sudden after becoming one; the easiest fix is advanced searching descriptions for vampire dirty face - or some such - and installing the fix you find.

5.) Don't forget to download the Breezehome alchemy lab fix until dawnguard is patched.

(easiest way I found to narrow it down was to save right outside the castle and just outright uninstalling every mod, and reinstalling 4 or so at a time; entering castle, listening to the conversation over and over until VT was granted, and repeating until they became hostile, figuring out which of the 4 did it; then.. starting a new game altogether without whatever mod caused it and praying for bug free <.<.)

Note; I'm told it's an outright vanilla bug or at least the wiki says so <.< : but all I can say as fact is by disabling all my mods and starting a new game; no issue.. and currently using 40ish mods without any issues at all.

Also, ignore my posts way back on this thread regarding my load order for a bug free skyrim .. I had to spend 14+ .. (honestly I think it's more like 24+ but I lost frikking track ages ago.. oh gawd my life.. oh gawd.. why skyrim, why.) hours testing to resolve the two main issues I came across and found a load order / mod combination that has caused me (thus far) complete bug free happyness; at least bug free for 100% of the thieves guild quest, 30% of the main-quest in skyrim, countless side quests now, and upto the first quest after becoming VT .. VT's perk tree working just fine, bites work fine, animations, seduction, no attack on sight.. eyes that look like they should as a vampire (Extended Sliders / any cosmetics cause this, vampire eye fix on the nexus resolves it.) and no dirty faces on female vampires (cause.. why do I want be a dirty vampire, or better.. a dirty vampire lord? I'm a lord! I'm not dirty! UGH!), though who knows what might break later on in the Dawnguard quest line.. well, meh.. hopefully nothing.. gawd I hope nothing, but I'm to burnt out to touch the dawnguard quests for awhile, afraid something will break, and I'll really be sads after managing to resolve everything else xD .. Ah well' for those that are interested; here goes!

Current Load Order:

ESM Files / Actual Mod Name

Skyrim

Update

Dawnguard

Climates of Tamriel / "Project Reality - Climates of Tamriel"

SkyMoMod / "Skyrim Monster Mod"

ApachiiHair

3rdEraWeaponsMoS / "Weapons of the Third Era MoS"

ESP Files / Actual Mod Name

iHUD

Climates of Tamriel-Dungeons&Interiors

DeadlySpellImpacts

StaticMeshImprovements

Presets / Face-Presets mod called "Inhabitants of Skyrim"

Extended Slider Colors (Use Recommended version imo!)

Alternate Start - Live Another Life

Chesko_Frostfall / "Frostfall"

MasterTheTimeAndSpace / "Spell Master The Time and Space Continuum"

Dread Huntress Armor

DarkNemesis / "Dark Nemesis - Ebony Reincarnation"

hothtrooper44_armorcompliation / "Immersive Armors"

3rdEraWeapMoS-lvllist

3rdEraWeapMoS-rare

1nivWICCloaks / "Winter Is Coming - Cloaks"

Realistic Ragdolls and Force

DovahkiinRelax / "Dovahkiin Relaxes Too"

BuildableHouse / "Build Your Own Home"

BirdsofSkyrim

SkyMoMod_lists (Lore Friendly edition) / "Skyrim Monster Mod Lore Friendly ESP"

UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul

Convenient Horses ****Not Updated; using 3.3.2 as 4.0 is 1.7 ready, felt safer avoiding since I have no issues.

The Dance of Death

Better Vampires by Brehanin

(temp) Vampire Eyes Fix (Allows Extended Sliders / or cosmetic mods to be used without bugging up the eyes)

ACE / "Athyra's Comprehensive Enhancements"

(Ace Load Order : Archery - Armor - BYOG - Enchanting - Magic - Melee - Realistic Fighting - Smithing - Speech - Synergy)

Non-ESP Mods:

Dirty Face Fix (for female vampires; hides the ugly burnt/dirtyness)

Project ENB

CBBE

BetterMales

Closer Quivers and Longer Arrows

Casual Bow Animations B

All in One Face CBBE + Dawnguard Ready/vampire AIOF

Skyrim Flora Overhaul

Static Mesh Improvement

Other:

Skyrim 1.6

SKSE 1.6 ready

Nexus Mod Manager

Forgot to tack on the Alchemy Lab for Breezehome fix somewhere in this mess ;3

Honestly haven't bothered with it yet, never use breezehome :P

Meh! Right below the vampire fix, should be fine.

Edited by Satorinu

Thanks for the quick awnswer. I'll try your fixes and I'll also try deacitvating Duel :) I hope that will fix the problem, cause deactivating and reactivating every single mod I use will take me ages ...

Edit: Leaving with console and waiting 24 hours fixed it for me, thank you so much :)

Edited by TiltschMaster

Im surprised at all the "Dawnguard Bugs" Threads so far.. I mean, the only bug I ever had was the eyes of my character are normal vampire eyes, not orange glowing dawnguard vampire eyes.....Other than that, just Old delvin keeps getting the "I finished that (insert hold here) job" topic, but I rarely talk to him, so I dont really care....And my V.Lord Transformations sometimes takes a while, but usually its when I am already in combat...

The game outright CTD'd on me the moment I picked up a certain bow. No warning, no slowdown. Just poofgone.

Not a huge issue since I kinda messed up badly on the battle before and it wasn't a big deal to redo it. And it didn't CTD after that.

Hmm, otherwise the only issue I've had is that Valerica would not move at all! Good thing I have the console to get her to the places I need...

All in all it has been as bugfree as skyrim. Sure there's been a few messups and problems, but on the whole, things have been pretty smooth.

Edited by Ultimatepurge