Is anyone playing Dawnguard WITHOUT bugs/ crashing?

kevkiev

You guys a bit lucky... I have a major problem with DG.. First after i got the vampire lord transformation and the vampire king gives me a quest, i speak to gonar? Or what ever hes name.. After that ,All the vampires in the castle attack me.. I tried it for 10 times.. And i dont know what happend that the quest just given even they attacking me (lucky) so i run outside the castle.. So i start the quest of finding the moth priest.. When i reach the time that i need to use the vampire seduction on him, i didnt have that skill.. So i went outside the cave and wait for 3 days, fast travel side by side of the map, sleep for 3 days my stage still in stage 1.. So.. I cant play it.. Im stock there forever.. Even i make a new save game file.. My stage didnt change...

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only bug I've had is when a certain npc just stood still and refused to walk anywhere. Took me a long time to fix it since the set stages commands didn't work. Edited by orctor

I had a lot of CTDs at random places...finally got frustrated enough to start disabling mods. I started with just those mods I thought might be at fault...1 at a time I re-enabled them and played for a bit.

Long story short I THINK it was Tytanis causing my issues but I need to test more to be sure..

Its hard for me to say cause I also updatd Monster Wars to the latest verion and that's a pretty beefy mod.

Edited by RooksGambit

Two days ago I started playing Dawnguard and since I have around 50 enabled mods some of which have not been updated by their developers since March-April, I was expecting glitches. To cut a long story short, crossbow animations did not work correctly when I finally reached Dawnguard keep. It turned out that one of the most unlikely mods to have caused this animation glitch was called "Aurora Plus TSO" (here is the link: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/12940). After disabling it in NMM and loading my saved game, crossbow animation works as it should.

It seems to me that any mod that adds some kind of sexual animation (as far as I know Aurora adds some too) prevents new animations from working correctly.

Now, I am not sure if Aurora Plus TSO mod was also the reason why mounted combat animation did not work, but I will check as soon as I travel outside and update my post.

EDIT: Yes, Aurora Plus TSO was also responsible for the mounted combat animation glitch. Everything works fine now.

Edited by Flamdring

Yes there's a few bugged thing's and it happened to xbox users too I read at the wiki, like in whiterun the steward wont sell you a alchemy set for your breeze house and in the soul cairn if you find any of the ten page journal or book before finding the spirit they belong too , the games menu locks up and wont give you markers for the other eight pages or book, the games menu still works but wont give map markers for that quest I mean!.

Arcwind point new dawngard dragon word wall, that area can't be cleared from the map or your games menu and Arngeir wont give you anymore dragon word quests!..

I've since removed all mods from my game except for SkyUI and it's dependency skse, I can't stand the games menu and I started a new game!..

Edited by sinnerman69

. It turned out that one of the most unlikely mods to have caused this animation glitch was called "Aurora Plus TSO" (here is the link: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/12940). After disabling it in NMM and loading my saved game, everything works fine.

Now, I am not sure if Aurora Plus TSO mod was also the reason why mounted combat animation did not work, but I will check as soon as I travel outside and update my post.

I have managed to discover a hilarious (to me at least) odd one ;3 Using 1.6 and around 30 mods I have managed to go practically crash & bug free through 30+ hours of gameplay.. including becoming a vampire lord.. and then the animation glitch started to nag at me (Where new npc's are all repeating drinking/feeding/reading/ect over and over and over) ... and decided meh, time to take a moment to fix this minor annoyance (since it wasn't stopping any quests..) and discovered, of all those 30ish mods - only ONE was the issue.. guess which one! I DARE YOU..

Current Load Order:

ESM Files / Actual Mod Name

Skyrim

Update

Dawnguard

Climates of Tamriel / "Project Reality - Climates of Tamriel"

ApachiiHair

SkyMoMod / "Skyrim Monster Mod"

ESP Files / Actual Mod Name

iHUD

dD - Enhanced Blood

DeadlySpellImpacts

Climates of Tamriel-Dungeons&Interiors / Project Reality - Climates of Tamriel

StaticMeshImprovements

ExtendedSliderColors

Presets / Face-Presets mod called "Inhabitants of Skyrim"

Alternate Start - Live Another Life

Chesko_Frostfall / "Frostfall"

MasterTheTimeAndSpace

WeaponsOf3E / "Weapons of the Third Era"

hothtrooper44_armorcompliation / "Immersive Armors"

Dread Huntress Armor

1nivWICCloaks / "Winter Is Coming - Cloaks"

Realistic Ragdolls and Force

BuildableHouse / "Build Your Own Home"

BirdsofSkyrim

SkyMoMod_lists (Lore Friendly edition) / "Skyrim Monster Mod + Lore Friendly ESP"

UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul

Convenient Horses

The Dance of Death

Duel - Combat Realism

ACE (EXCEPT Combat-Duel Handles that) / "Athyra's Comprehensive Enhancements"

dD - enhanced blood

Of all things.. of ALL things.. xD oh well.

Edit:

It struck me about thirty seconds after posting.. that anyone who doesn't know what that is .. makes it sound so obvious <.< But honestly the last thing in the world I expected was a mod that enhances blood textures and makes blood pool around dead bodies - of all the other potential ones causing the problem - for it to be THAT one. I expected Duel.. or Dance of Death.. or Ace.. hell even the armor mods or frostfall, even more likely Alternative start with it's throwing you in as a vampire if you choose that life.. something I refuse to surrender.. but that.. a texture/pooling mod? Really? Ugh! Shoulda done it sooner.

Edited by Satorinu

How odd, Satorinu, I do not have dD - Enhanced Blood, but I am using Crimson Tide - Blood and no glitches. It is so strange that these random and pretty simple mods cause such a mess while other - bigger ones which add spells, other animations and weapons etc. - seem to be harmless. Haha!

Dawnguard was almost flawless for me. The game had crashed a few times before I got it but after it was totally stable.

Theres no point in taking the DLC to task for people who get CTDs and are using mods. Some just don't think that there will be conflicts. Take it from someone who made sure to cut out any potential problems, dawnguard is less buggy than vanilla was.

Owe the moth priest quest from the dawnguard vampire haunter side, there's no persuade speech challenge when you release the moth priest from his blue sphere prison your supposed to beat him up, and in my game I still had to keep beaten on him because he was hostile to everyone at Fort Dawnguard and I remember having to disable and enable him in console to get him to read the elder scroll because he was still hostile, I had mods in my game at the time, all cheat mods, I don't use custom races or custom companion mods or any mods that add hair or eyes!..

I've since then removed all mods except SkyUI and it's dependency skse and community uncapper and I started a new game today

these are the mods I removed

Conjuration and Summoning fixes

KenMOD - Lockpick Pro - Cheat

Levelers Tower

Teleportation Spell with menu_Mark and Recall with menu

Unlimited Rings And Amulets

Edited by sinnerman69

Bumped into one last bug today when finally finishing the Dawnguards questline. The crazy Arkay-mage seems to have a bugged weapon, as he hovers around doing the draw-weapon animation over and over during the final offensive. It made my head hurt so I fos-ro-dah'ed him out in the water :P

Other than that, I managed fine with my above mentioned minor glitches. Seems to me like the vampire faction is more bugged than the dawnguards though. But most of all the problems that are reported are because of conflicts with various mods and game-changes they have installed (Even if deactivated in some cases). So I think it looks a lot worse than it really is.