We are aware aware of an issue with authentication on the site. See our status page for details. ×

SSE keeps crashing when I get close to Riverwood

xXtiminatorXx

I recently finished hours of work of trying to download a whole bunch of mods that work properly in conjunction with each other and enhance my gameplay and visuals as well as giving me new quests and things to do. I had no issues launching my game and starting new characters (I had to make quite a few for certain reasons). I used the alternate start mod and chose the "attacked and left to die" option, so I started out in the middle of nowhere close to Winterhold. I traveled to Winterhold right away, went into a random building to ransack it for weapons and food, and when I went to leave, it crashed my game. I've tried disabling about 10 different mods and trying to leave the house again, but nothing works. I'm assuming it has to do with some visual mods but I have no idea. This would be my first modded skyrim playthrough, so I'm not too experienced with it although I have modded other games before. Here's a list of the mods I'm using:

ApachiiSkyHair

Fair Skin Complexion

Racemenu special edition

skyui

elementaldragons

displayenemylevel

badgremlins something fishy

cinematic fire effects2

darker nights

enhanced blood textures

high poly project

nat stand alone

obsidian mountain fogs

prt photorealistic tamriel

realistic water two

sfo grass only

skyland

static mesh improvement

stunning statues of skyrim

verdant

vivid landscapes

watercolor for enb and realistic water two

wet and cold

quality world map

campfire

immersive citizens

immersive sounds

immersive world encounters

ineed

reverb and ambiance overhaul

alternate start

immersive bounty hunting

legacy of the dragonborn

skse64

unofficial sse patch

aetherium armor and swords compilation

ancient aedra weapon set

cloaks of skyrim

immersive armors

immersive weapons

konahrik's accoutrements - dragon priest armory

legendary armors - bikini complete

thane weapons reborn

triss armor retextured

unique uniques

nordic carved bikini

immersive wenches

I also should mention this is on the special edition version of skyrim. I will keep trying to solve this issue on my own, but if anyone has any ideas as to what mod or mods could be causing this weird crash, it'd be greatly appreciated. If I didn't leave enough info to go off in this post then let me know and I can provide whatever else is needed to solve this bs.

Download and Run LOOT: https://loot.github.io

and also Wrye Bash: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/6837

For LOOT click on the Statistics Icon (Sort Load Order) and take note of any Errors or Dirty Edits it mentions

For Wrye Bash - Scroll right to the bottom of the left pane window - Right Click on Bash Patch and Click on Rebuild Patch - on the window that popsup click on Skip - then on the next window click on Build Patch

after you have done both tasks, see if you can progress. A New Game will be Required.