How do I check for mod updates?

pizzapicante27

Are these mods you migrated from NMM or mods you downloaded directly using Vortex?

If the latter, can you name an example?

Import from NMM does not provide enough information to check for updates.

Downloaded, an example is all the mods I downloaded for Fallout 4 and Skyrim SE not showing the updated version.

Is it possible they don't have updates yet?

Vortex holds a cache for about an hour so it won't recheck the same mod every time you click the check button.

You also need to ensure the mod ID is correctly linked up by double clicking on the mods.

Thanks for the mod name I think - it means I have to work.

I downloaded an older version of QuickLoot RE 1.7.13 and installed it.

I then used the Check for Updates dropdown, and Vortex displayed the orange text on the version line.

If you mouse over the orange text, it says an update exists but you have to pick it yourself. The little orange text box shows the new change log if you click it.

Clicking the download sysmbol takes you to a browser and the Nexusmod download page.

This is with Vortex 0.17.8

Screenshot attached.

OK - you did it differently than I did. I used the drop down on that one specific mod to check for it's updates.

When I use the top line "Check for updates", it runs for about a minute then 16 of my mods show updates available.

So mine works - and yours does not.

Are you sure you are both logged into Nexusmods from a browser and from Vortex? Has to be the same ID on both.

Possibly what country and do you use a VPN? Just guessing here.