Japhet's Folly Island Player Home

AmadanBezerk

WARNING---Minor side quest spoilers ahead.....

I LOVE Island-home mods!

Were you disappointed to NOT be rewarded with that nice, isolated peaceful island of Japhet's Folly after ending the 'Rise In The East' quest? :mad:

WARNING---DO NOT fast-travel to Japhet's Folly for the first time, you will break the R.I.T.E. quest and be trapped on the isle. (Found that out the hard way!)

After finishing R.I.T.E, I'd like to see a simple, short quest to make Japhet's Folly into a nice, secret, isolated Player Home, especially one designed to be WAY more self-sufficient than ever before, to rely less on supplies!

After a week of $$$ PAID $$$ reconstruction, restoring and refurbishing, say, 100K to 150K's worth, (the place was demo'ed quite badly towards the end of R.I.T.E) it would then boast the following:

Exterior:

-A fully repaired, cleaned-up exterior for the isle and former Blood Horker redoubt, with both towers fully repaired and rebuilt as new. Both tower-tops now actually accessible from inside and furnished with comfortable benches, potted snowberry plants, low tables with some fine booze and goblets, and flanking fire-pots for some minor, feeble warmth against the wind. >brrrrr<

-Fast travel enabled. (no choice, it may look like it's on the main map, but it's actually in a separate worldspace/cell) Try swimming way out there with borders disabled......especially if you have a "hypothermia" mod installed.....have fun! :dry:

-Fully restored magical shrouding fog bank to forever completely conceal the Isle from ALL, once again. :ninja:

-A small exterior farm, replacing all those rows of spike-log walls (pallisades) with broad, open fields growing plenty of: ONLY the hardiest local Ghostic edible and alchemical flora that can tolerate the constant cold: lots of "winter wheat", ;) Snowberries, spiky grass, tundra cotton, etc....,plenty of hay bales, 4 goats, some chicken coops with 4 eggs, 4 hens, a rooster (all respawning).

-Some clams scattered around the shoreline, and a few hung fishing nets and fish drying racks.

-2 widely separated surface ore veins, 1 corundum/copper, 1 orichalcum.

-A new stone jetty at the shore, docking a small cabin-sailboat; entering/exiting the cabin is actually a 'trigger' used for fast travel to/from the Isle and, say, Dawnstar. All the island's previous wooden docks were burned and destroyed during the East Empire Company's Assault.

Interior:

-Keeping the original, vanilla interior cell-space floorplans intact, but simply restyling and refurnishing them to a value befitting your expenses!

-Nicely appointed Master and guest suites at the top floors of the towers, each having their respective exterior tower-top access, and with double beds for the player+wife and follower(s), having fireplaces with corresponding exterior smoking chimneys for immersion.

-Full Mage's Laboratory next to the Master suite.

-The dining and common areas would also need the same kind of fireplaces, but larger.

Full Smithy sheltered inside, on the ground floor, with chimney for the smelter and hood-chimney for the forge to exaust smoke and fumes, also with corresponding exterior smoking chimneys. The Smithy would have it's own new door leading outside, to a snow-sheltered wood chopping block and tanning rack.

-ALL storage containers NON-respawning.

-A few tiny and REALLY secret passageways, with cleverly concealed entrances (sliding bookshelves, false-panels etc.) connecting: Master suite, Sea Cave and the new 'Ancient Nature Cave'.***

-Most interior and underground lighting would be by lanterns, candles, or lamps. Outside, all lanterns, because of the constant strong winds. Very few torches anywhere on the Isle.

- *** The Best of All: the unique "Ancient Nature Cave"

-A newly dug into, 'broke-through-and-discovered' medium-sized "Ancient Nature Cave", 'found by accident' during repairing and refurbishing of the lower levels of the redoubt, while you were spending all that money and waiting impatiently for all that needed work to be done. :biggrin:

Apparently it's a lovely, ancient and warm underground conservatory and produce garden of a long-dead, eccentric, misanthropic and sociophobic alchemist-wizard.

It contains a small, natural stone hotspring pool lined with natural stone benches to sit and soak. :whistling: :D Also, the pool would have a slow heal-regen over time, so an injured player might need a nice soak to be fully healed......>Aaahhh!...< :sweat: :D

Surrounding the pool: large, lush, beautiful, well stocked gardens with tiny stone paths, split in half between edible produce-plants and grains, and half for alchemical ingredients.

Since there's no sunlight here, under a low semi dome-like ceiling, this cave would have a few magelights hovering, like the Archmage's Garden at the College, to illuminate the garden with no pillars or other obstructions to create shadows.

Now Imagine changing their colour a bit to a warmer yellowish-white, then call them "Magnus-lights" instead. :)

Non-Ghostic flora found in warmer climes is thus allowed to flourish here underground, nicely warm and sheltered from the constant cold on the surface.

This cave also would have just 1 ebony ore vein, low on the wall.

In a nearby side alcove of the cave, a tiny and old mage's dwelling-space with double bed, hearth and cookpot, a few NON-respawning containers, and small table with an alchemy lab, and a realism-based 'old rotten note' found on skeletal remains in the corner, explaining all.

It may not appear so, but I really don't wish for all that much :wink: I just have a habit of including a LOT of immersive, realism-based detail, that's all. :biggrin:

If some patient and skilled modder who likes island homes would be so kind as to make this, I would be most appreciative and would give a hundred kudos if I could. :biggrin:

Kind regards, AmadanBezerk

Edited by AmadanBezerk

• 2 months later...

I also think this is an awesome idea!

But I believe the author of this thread is requesting a bit much here ... I would appreciate if someone could simply make a mod with Japhets Folly undestroyed, the way it was before the Invasion of the East Empire Company. I could do the customisation via console then. Or does someone perhaps now a way how to restore the Island via a Console Command? Like chaing a Quest Status etc.? Help would be much appreciated!

• 2 months later...

It is possible to restore the island to the way it was I think by making the rubble objects turn-off/disappear by linking them to the last part of the quest's X marker in the creation kit. If there isn't one for the last part of the quest one would need to be created for Rise in the East (MS10) 100 and then all rubble would have to be linked to it. And you could make the place all pretty with stuff as long as it's linked to that marker as well but with the opposite effect of those objects being turned-off/disappeared until the quest is completed.

With dawnguard assets you could probably use the little boat to make an immersion friendly way of traveling back and forth.