Offering 3d models for skyrim

AerynRavanna

*edit*

UPDATE: To be clear, my offer of making models was only really for aquatic life, and I only have time once in a blue moon for non paid work. Please no more emails, I feel guilty refusing eager offers of mods i'd love to help, but just don't have time.

Thank you.

Had Skyrim 6 months, playing it for the 3rd time now.

I graduated from a game art course last year, doing some freelance here and there.

This week I have had a real urge to add something to skyrim, to improve its environment

Did this in a few hours: (2600 tris)

Baquin.jpg

Just a quick bake/texture.

Being underwater would never be seen clearly.

The difficult bit is the coding/templating.

Do any mod makers currently adding new animals to skyrim (realism) require anything like this?

I just wanted to make a few creatues/models and help someone else's mod rather than start my own.

Especially, Aquatic Life Overhaul by DiabloBlanko, Steam won't let me message mod makers personally.

Please let me know if you're interested.

I can handle the models/textures and perhaps animations/rigging.

Edited by AerynRavanna

I'm not really a modder or any of that sorts, but i just had to drop a comment, cause these looks amazing. I would love to see something like this, in the game, would give a new flair in the nature/sea environment of skyrim. :thumbsup:

adding new creatures to skyrim is nothing short of very difficult, there is so much to do animations,scripting and AI behaviour. If you are determined to get this in game you should try contacting various mod makers that I'm sure would be glad to use it in their own mods. There are a couple of large scale projects still in development that you can donate this asset to either way it is a really good model and I hope someone has the vision to make something of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Realy cool work. Do you specialize in organics? I think for the whale the main problem would be nab problems. I think something of that size would have problems with movement. Mammoths already have problems and this thing is even bigger.

Do you do things like armors? Or mechanical things?

Realy cool work. Do you specialize in organics? I think for the whale the main problem would be nab problems. I think something of that size would have problems with movement. Mammoths already have problems and this thing is even bigger.

Do you do things like armors? Or mechanical things?

yeah I model anything, graduated from 3d art degree last year. Just wanted to create a living Sea of ghosts, i find it the most beautiful part of skyrim.

Sadly, 4 attempts to get nif tools working with my 3dsmax 2011, and hkxcd converting animation files, has failed each time.

Not impressed with the mod tools so far, too many versions with conflicting installation methods.

Wow, these models are great, would love to see them in-game. I wish I knew more about adding creatures to the game, then I could help, but sadly I don't know a thing about that. You should contact the author of Skyrim Monster Mod on the SkyrimNexus. I bet he would be willing to include these in his mod. You'll just have to specify that you want them in the Sea of Ghosts...wouldn't want humpback whales all over Skyrim.... These models as well as sharks and sea serpents/monsters (Lochness monster-esque?) would be a welcome addition to Skyrim's waters.

P.S....If only Skyrim had Bigfoot or the Yeti........(oh well, Trolls will do!)