Skyrim SE - Blotchy Shadows

LeTyroul

Hey guys, hopefully right area to post this. What I am experiencing I cannot find anywhere on the internet it would seem. https://imgur.com/a/0sIvVfB this is a gif of the problem replicated on the main menu if you look closely you can see this thick grey boarder enveloping the Skyrim Logo (This also happens with the Bethesda Logo). You can also see the one layer of the "smoke" in the background starts to engulf the whole screen. This persists through the main menu and loading screens. As for in game GIFs aren't the best idea to capture problems but its the best I could do at short notice. As you may be able to differentiate between just bad quality and the actual problem. There are giant black blotches being projected onto certain shadows, along with more subtle effects that generally give everything a blurry look. This ONLY happens in the Dark, in the daylight or under a light source the game appears fine. Another factor of what I can assume is the same issue, overlays on my Characters Skin are, glowing in the dark almost. Again this disappears in light.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

I do have Vivid Weathers installed, along with Darker Nights. No ENB. I have removed both of these individually and the problem persists. I have also disabled mods that overlay effects onto the skin. Such as Frostfall for example. I am running an i7 6700k with a GTX 1080ti, performance or capability wouldn't be an issue I would assume.

Thanks guys

https://gyazo.com/55e56aee241fc6e338ab50a17694ec52 - apparently Nexus is shortening the links try this one instead.

So as an update to this, the main menu glitching out was seemingly caused by Verdant Grass. Which is strange to say the least. I'm going to test in game and try and get a better way of recording it.

an enb would probably sort the blotchy shadows out, as it includes high quality shadows. likewise using a higher shadow option would probably also sort it out assuming you are not using ultra quality shadows already.

you are probably not finding other people with the same issue, because most people are using ENBs, which in itself fixes quite a few visual issues.

since you have a pretty solid system, i would definitely without a doubt opt for an ENB, the visual difference will be night and day. the game just looks far superior with an ENB and likewise you wont get none of this visual mess the vanilla game has.

Ok that sounds like a solid plan to me. Thank you for getting back to me with a potential solution. Is there any ENB that you would particularly recommend from your own personal experiences?

Skyrim Re-Engaged is the 1 i personally use and recommend, i tryed a few but in the end i always revert back to Re-Engaged :wink:

Skyrim Re-Engaged: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1089

i currently run it with Obsidian Weathers + ELFX and Enhancer, which is a gorgeous combination (ELFX + Enhancer for very nice Atmospheric dark interiors, and Obsidian for Lovely Exteriors)