Infinite Arrows for Auriel's Bow

Grimn358

Now I'm not quite sure how this would work coding-side, but I thought it was weird that the bow of the elven sun god requires plain old arrows.

I just think it'd be a bit neater if the bow had infinite ammo. For lack of a better comparison, there was a legendary bow in World of Warcraft that used to be considered the best in the game, because it didn't use ammo. The explanation was that it conjured and arrow as the string was drawn. I'm struggling to put all my thoughts into words, here, if you couldn't tell. Now I don't know if you'd use a godmode-like effect for the bow, where it only uses one arrow but said arrow replenishes each time you draw the string, or a Bound Bow-like mechanic where if you ran out of arrows, you'd need to put the bow away and then re-equip it. I also don't know how other arrows would function, considering this is an item rather than a spell.

I am clueless when it comes to modding, so forgive me if I wasn't very clear. I have no idea if this even can be done, I've just been thinking it for a few days.

Agreed, that's why I don't quite know how you'd code it in. It needs its own infinite arrows but you'd need to be able to equip other ones, yet you can't equip the "infinite" ones to other bows. No idea if that's even possible.

Idea:

Equipping the bow gives ungodly amounts of 0 weight, 0 value Iron/Steel/Dwarven/etc arrows. OR, creates an ungodly supply "Bound Arrows" which also have 0 weight and value, but only do as much damage as Steel, or even Dwarven arrows.

Putting the bow away deletes the remaining Special/Bound arrows from your inventory until you equip it again.