Dragonbane Enchament issues

Trashbat420

alright people, 1st time posting just because this is really doing my head in...

so, in a nutshell, im making a sword that does extra damage to all things supernatural, and dragons.

ive added the SilverSword papyrus script to it, as its not an enchantment as such, and i think that bits worked, altho i dont really know for sure tbh...

but my main problem is on top that i added the dragonbane enchantment: MQ203WeaponDragonDamage5 and my issue is my sword now has that lightning sorta effect that dragonbane has, is there any way to keep the enchantment effect but lose the visual effect, if that makes sense? ive looked around at loads of tutorials, and unless im being a total derp im cant find one that answers my question.

i am relatively new to modding skyrim, used to mod FNV a bit, any suggestions would mean a LOT

thanks

- Trashbat

(oh & apologies if im posting this in the wrong sections or whatever...)

You would need to open that magic effect up and give it it's own EditorID and save as new one, and open it up again. Just because you don't want to alter the base effect.

Under visual effect change the enchant shader to none (at the top of the list).

Edited by Ironman5000

Just make a copy of the dragonbane enchantment and attached effects, rename it and remove the shaders/visuals from its effects. :)

But its probably easier to create your own enchantment, and set several conditions for it to take effect:

IsUndead = 1

Getisrace = Werewolfbeastrace = 1

HasKeyword = ActorTypeDragon = 1

That way it should only affect undead, werewolfs and dragons, and saves you from using a script at all =)

Just a wild guess though. As i tend to figure these things out by trail and error. :turned:

Edit¹:

Meh! Ironman beat me to it... :ninja: I must be typing bloody slow =(

Edited by Urwy

wicked cheers people, i'll give that a go!

Just make a copy of the dragonbane enchantment and attached effects, rename it and remove the shaders/visuals from its effects. :)

But its probably easier to create your own enchantment, and set several conditions for it to take effect:

IsUndead = 1

That way it should only affect undead, werewolfs and dragons, and saves you from using a script at all =)

Just a wild guess though. As i tend to figure these things out by trail and error. :turned:

yeah this sounds easier, im gonna try that, does undead include vampires? or is that another condition??

wicked cheers people, i'll give that a go!

IsUndead = 1

yeah this sounds easier, im gonna try that, does undead include vampires? or is that another condition??

Not entirely sure about that, but i would say it does. If it doesnt you can always try things like `HasKeyword` and pick a keyword related to vampires.

But like i said, it usually takes me several reboots of skyrim to be sure.

seems to have worked, added haskeyword vampires aswell, all looks peachy to me :)

also got rid of the dragonbane effect but kept the damage to dragons, gave it the dawnbreaker effect, however i have a mod that makes enchantment effects look like letters n symbols, so it looks pretty sweet

just gotta tone down the damage a bit so its not so immense, i'd upload it, but the model is a jaysword so id need permission ect ect

so thanks people, proper helped :) <3

btw if anyone cares i called it "The Good Samaritan" after Hellboy's gun... seemed fitting with the extra damage to all things that go bump in the night...