Site issues since Dawnguard

Dark0ne

iv always had major problems with moding but this is the first time iv moded skyrim and i added abot 50 mods and oly had 1 small graphis glitch i was able to fix by removing a single mod never in my life have i had such an easy time moding a game so thank god for nexus

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@D1 - A more functional download system should cut down on file requests, so less bandwidth issues, as a web designer myself I would see this as a "take a break to sharpen your axe" type of moment, though as a marketing designer I can see how that could damage the fan base/page visits if you require a long downtime to switch over.

I'm not sure why people have issues with connection speed given the relatively small file size of mods (are people using dial-up?), with rare exceptions like the full texture/mesh conversion mods. Or is connection speed why the Mod Manager spits out the annoying "file does not exist" message for everything? That was happening a lot even before dawnguard...

@wetdeaddog - Thank Bethesda for doing the user testing/market research to know how people play their games on pc -> nexus really has almost nothing to do with the increased compatibility and conflict management, this site is merely a social media platform for people to find a large number of mods without some of the quality filtering that ends up occasionally booting a couple good mods in the sea of junk - other sites have had that issue...

@AngelOfPassion - That just creates more issues for the site and people trying to actually access files, even if worthless bragging rights sound cool sometimes...

Edited by SphereOfRa

Thanks Dark0ne. I hope you had a really good holiday and it wasn't cut too short by all of this hoopla. Looking forward to being able to download my mods again.

Cheers, K

Well I'm officially retarded. I uninstalled NMM and removed every file connected to it because it wasn't showing the most recent version and wouldn't install any mods. I've been doing a bunch of overclocking and tweaking recently so I thought it was me..now I've lost all my mods. Unless it didn't uninstall them like it said it didn't, and I just can't find them.. Ah well, at least I took a screenshot to save the mod list.

Glad to see work is being done on the site. I can't wait to have my mods back!