Player.additem and DLC content issue

justinrpg

At random times, when I try to use player.additem and input an item code for anything listed in the DLC section of the item ID xls file, I get "Item 06001ab0 not found for parameter ObjectID" If I try various different Object IDs listed in the DLC section of the xls file, the same error occurs. I could try 20 of them and they would all give the same error message. But if I load up the game say a couple days later, some of those object IDs work flawlessly. I know that I am entering them correctly when they fail to work. And besides, it is very unlikely that I would screw up 20 object IDs when I tried 20 of them.

I have the Game of the Year Edition from GOG Games and with it, it came with all the DLCs

Edit: 06001ab0 just worked for the first time, but when I tried to input player.additem 03008C37 1 it gave me that error message RIGHT AFTER the other one worked! the xls file lists that as Daedric Lava Whiskey but it's not letting me add it

Edit 2: here it lists it as "1008C37" and that is NOT working either! Other websites claim it is a Frostcraig Spire item which is a DLC that I definitely do have!

Edited by justinrpg

The first two digits need to match the mod index of the mod (DLCs other than SI are just mods).

You can use Wrye Bash to get the mod index from the list on the Mods tab. Another trick I use is to just open the console and click on something that you know was added by the mod/DLC (but not coming from a levelled list). Note the first two digits displayed in the refID at the top of the screen ... that is that particular mod/DLC's mod index number. Use those two digits as the first two digits in your player.additem xx008c37 <n> command.

Note that any particular mod/DLC's mod index number can possibly change if you add any new mods and they are sorted into your load order above the one you gifted yourself an item from. Won't affect any item you've already got through the console ... it'll just change those first two digits for the next time you are feeling generous to yourself.

• 1 month later...

That's incorrect! I only 14 mods! 10 DLCs + Shivering Isles + SPAWN, Steer Horse with Mouse, Decorator Assistant, and emporium fix. So the only possible prefixes would be 00 - 0E and I tried ALL of them with 001af2 and not a single one worked! I've no clue what this "wrye bash" is you speak of either.