Should I buy via steam or not?

wormywyrm

19 members have voted

1. 1. Should I buy via steam or not?

• Buy via steam
    • Buy box

I haven't bought skyrim yet... I did play it when it first came out for 10 or so hours but not a copy of my own and I downloaded a lot of mods. I am going to buy it now. Here are some questions:

1. Do all mods work with the steam version of skyrim? (even the memory expansion and special script mods?)

2. Does steam save your saved game data so if I stop playing/uninstall and reinstall on another computer in the future I will have my saved game?

3. Does nexus mod manager work even if I get the steam version of the game?

4. Is there a reason that I would want to use nexus mod manager for my mods or does steam mod manager have all the good mods minus the adult ones?

Steam version, takes hours to download and hours to install, through the CD it´s 15 minutes to install.

Steam version, takes hours to download and hours to install, through the CD it´s 15 minutes to install.

while that may be true for some people, it takes me 30 minutes to download AND install. so its convenient for me. it really depends if you a fairly quick internet, then i'd do steam. if not, then buy the disc.

You'll get it a lot cheaper on DVD (Half price at some places), since it's still full crazy price on Steam. As already mentioned, it's a Steam game, so it will install via Steam anyway no matter how you buy it, but with a DVD you have the oppertunity to install it both faster and offline from a local source.

Doesn't the DVD just direct you to Steam where you then have to download it like everyone else, or was that just me?

The DVD should install most of the game (the base game) then you do have to download all the updates and a couple other files and register it with steam, but the d/l should be much smaller.