I have this Mystical problem

vokurekvole

Helo bois. i do not own skyrim SE i own just original copy of skyrim, but i dont know where else to post abaut my problem and get some help.

Ok. So i have windows 10 laptop and all bethesda games have been very broken on it... I had to use one tweak to even get the game fullscreen and then the game wasnt saving for some reason, so i had to change the C:/ ownership to myself and not system.... and it works now. Today i downloaded the 3 official DLCs and even if theyre checked in DATA FILES from skyrim launcher they still dont apper in the game, none of them...(iam lvl 10, after greybeards summons so something should start happening.) there are no items from the DLCs its just clean skyrim. I used NMM and tried to sort the load order with loot, but nothing works i spent like ten hours going trough forum threds but nothing seems to solve my problem.

I will appriciate all help

Thank you <3

Right click on Skyrim in Steam, click on Properties, click on Local Files tab - and click on Verify integrity Of Game Cache. this will Fix a Broken Download.

it sounds like the DLC did not download Properly. doing the above will fix any broken File Associated to Skyrim.

Also recommend Running Skyrim As Administrator as well as Steam

Right Click on Skyrim.exe - Compatibility Tab - tick the box Run As Administrator <-- do the same for SkyrimLauncher.exe and Steam.exe

since you say you had problems with Skyrim, Ensure that you have launched it Via Steam atleast Once, as when you download a game through steam you need to launch the Game through Steam, in order to download the Additional nessarary files for it such as .Net Framework, Dx Files etc etc

This means you need to Right Click on Skyrim In Steam, and Click on Play Game. Steam will then download the necessary additional files for Skyrim (this applies to any game), Note: if the game is only ever launched via Skyrim.exe or its Launcher (after being newly downloaded), steam will not download these required files. which in turn can result in all sorts of issues, However this is only applicable if Skyrim was only ever Downloaded once on a brand new windows installation. if steam has already downloaded and installed .Net framework, dx files, etc etc, Then you only ever need to actaully launch Skyrim through its Skyrim.exe Launcher.

Right click on Skyrim in Steam, click on Properties, click on Local Files tab - and click on Verify integrity Of Game Cache. this will Fix a Broken Download.

it sounds like the DLC did not download Properly. doing the above will fix any broken File Associated to Skyrim.

Also recommend Running Skyrim As Administrator as well as Steam

Right Click on Skyrim.exe - Compatibility Tab - tick the box Run As Administrator <-- do the same for SkyrimLauncher.exe and Steam.exe

since you say you had problems with Skyrim, Ensure that you have launched it Via Steam atleast Once, as when you download a game through steam you need to launch the Game through Steam, in order to download the Additional nessarary files for it such as .Net Framework, Dx Files etc etc

This means you need to Right Click on Skyrim In Steam, and Click on Play Game. Steam will then download the necessary additional files for Skyrim (this applies to any game), Note: if the game is only ever launched via Skyrim.exe or its Launcher (after being newly downloaded), steam will not download these required files. which in turn can result in all sorts of issues, However this is only applicable if Skyrim was only ever Downloaded once on a brand new windows installation. if steam has already downloaded and installed .Net framework, dx files, etc etc, Then you only ever need to actaully launch Skyrim through its Skyrim.exe Launcher.

Thanks you for the feedback., but this didnt solve my problem...

in that case, ensure Windows Defender has not blocked Steam.

Temporarily shut down Windows Defender, then in steam - click on Skyrim in Library, and click on on the DLC boxes, to uninstall them, then click on them again to Re-Download them.

then once downloaded, go into Nexus mod manager, and enable them via clicking on the Plugins tab, and clicking on the box next to each dlc

Also Disable User Account Control, as that can also cause problems: Click on Start - Control Panel - User Accounts - Click on Change User Account Control Settings - and drag the slider to the very bottom = Do not Notfiy. (Then Restart Computer, for the settings to take effect)

note the above method is for windows 7 so you will need to find the same path for windows 10.

Windows 10 gets funny about anything installed to the same drive windows is installed to, some type of security. which is why it is a pain in the ass to install things to the C:Drive which windows is typically installed to. (its understandable as this is typically where malicious content usually affects so by windows enforcing security is a good thing, however from a user perspective who justs wants to download their games and play them, it is problematic, as you required to take additional steps just so you can play your games)

this is why it is Strongly Recommended to install both Steam and All your games to a different drive then what windows is installed to, for considerably less problems. however if you happen to have a SSD then this is not optimal.

if you however do not have an SSD, then i strongly recommend Installing both Steam and Your games to a Different Drive that windows is installed to.

Without necessary files as DX files, the game wouldn't start at all.

@ vokurekvole

Can you see the DLC plugins in Loot and in the data folder of your skyrim installation?

Have you checked the data for errors in steam? Right click in steam on skyrim, properties, local data, check data for errors.

Have you tried to uninstall the game and delete everything that has to do with it, not your saves although, but also deleted your INIs (xyz:\Users\username\Documents\My Games\Skyrim) and reinstall the game?

If that doesn't solve the issue, i also don't know anything further.

Edited by COMBATFUN