Vampire Lord Different Looks

kurniallah2412

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The model that the vampire lord uses is determined by its race, not by the spell. The spell changes your race to the Vampire Lord race.

The appearance of the werewolf is determined in a completely different way. The werewolf is a set of armor that the character equips automatically when transforming. Change the armor and you change the appearance.

That's what I meant the spell "determines" what you are based on what it is linked too. Looking at the DLC1vampirebeastrace it seems feasible that 2 more DLC1vampirebeastrace01 and DLC1vampirebeastrace02 could be created with the only differences being the body data. And via a MCM menu or consumable w/e that would allow the player to assign which DLC1vampirebeastrace to use theoretically still function the same way as vanilla? All the spells. scripts etc associated with the vanilla would remain on each race, unless DLC1vampirebeastrace is referenced in a script which I have not seen.

The werewolf armor is that what the mod does? cause there is a werewolfbeastrace and if that's what it does then that should work the same for VL no?

You can create vampirebeastrace1, 2, 6, 19, and 35 but they still won't be able to access the vampire lord perks.

In addition there are 99 forms that reference the Vampire Lord race. They will all have to be edited.

That is not counting scripts. At the very least you'll need to edit the tutorial script, the vampire lord transformation quest and the spell scripts. Probably the armor and the jewelry that improves the form.

If any modders create any forms or scripts that reference the vampire lord race, those will be broken. I have three mods that do this.

There are six forms that use the vampire change magic effect, three that reference the vampirechangeFX effect, and thirteen that reference the spell. Again, all will need to be edited.

Creating a new race makes things way, way more complicated.

Some of the forms that reference the vampire lord race are very popular to mod. For example any perk overhaul that changes or replaces the Twin Souls perk will be incompatible.

Edited by lofgren

You can create vampirebeastrace1, 2, 6, 19, and 35 but they still won't be able to access the vampire lord perks.

In addition there are 99 forms that reference the Vampire Lord race. They will all have to be edited.

That is not counting scripts. At the very least you'll need to edit the tutorial script, the vampire lord transformation quest and the spell scripts. Probably the armor and the jewelry that improves the form.

If any modders create any forms or scripts that reference the vampire lord race, those will be broken. I have three mods that do this.

There are six forms that use the vampire change magic effect, three that reference the vampirechangeFX effect, and thirteen that reference the spell. Again, all will need to be edited.

Creating a new race makes things way, way more complicated.

Some of the forms that reference the vampire lord race are very popular to mod. For example any perk overhaul that changes or replaces the Twin Souls perk will be incompatible.

Yeah been looking through them a found a couple refs to DLC1vampirebeastrace. Straying away from that not hard but super lengthy method would the armor method work like in moonlight tales? That seems like the most approachable and less intrusive on other mods.

Can you tell me how to get the vampire lord or werewolf perk tree to show up for a different race? That was the biggest stumbling block for me.

I believe what you are looking for is the perk DLC1VampireActivationBlocker and possibly DLC1PlayerVampireChangeScript I can't view it clearly has a bunch of NUL etc mixed in the text when I open with notepad++. But you've most likely viewed those yourself. But seriously think the MCM menu to apply an armor to the VL to change appearance is the way to go.

All that perk does is prevent you from activating things. It has nothing to do with the perk tree. I also haven't seen anything in the vampirechangescript about activating a new perk tree. I'm pretty sure the tree is hardcoded to only open for that race.

All that perk does is prevent you from activating things. It has nothing to do with the perk tree. I also haven't seen anything in the vampirechangescript about activating a new perk tree. I'm pretty sure the tree is hardcoded to only open for that race.

Yeah see I wasn't sure because there is a blocker script. I couldn't tell if the activation blocker was for looting, etc or for making the VL perk menu appear instead of the full human menu list (map, skill, items,). If it were for the VL perk menu to display it would obviously have to check the player was vampirebeastrace or was transforming cause it checks for the changeeffectfx. I know that if you revert and are in the process of the FX you can still access the VL perk tree. Hadn't thought to check for transforming into VL. If I recall the DLC1VampireBlockerScript is the one I thought prevented looting etc.

All DLC1VampireBlockerScript does is turn on and off collision in order to prevent the player from accessing the Pelagius wing as a vampire lord. It doesn't have anything to do with perks, perk trees, or anything else that we are talking about here. Although it is another example of something that would be complicated by adding new Vampire Lord races.

The perk that you mentioned in your last post, DLC1VampireActivationBlocker, prevents looting but again has nothing to do with the Vampire Lord perk tree.

All DLC1VampireBlockerScript does is turn on and off collision in order to prevent the player from accessing the Pelagius wing as a vampire lord. It doesn't have anything to do with perks, perk trees, or anything else that we are talking about here. Although it is another example of something that would be complicated by adding new Vampire Lord races.

The perk that you mentioned in your last post, DLC1VampireActivationBlocker, prevents looting but again has nothing to do with the Vampire Lord perk tree.

Well blast I'm gonna look more just not tonight XD I refuse to give up until I rage and break something rofl.