Donating directly from my bank account?

sagittarius22

Hi,

I'd like to donate to Nexus to become a premium member. The issue is that Paypal will give me an extra 8 bucks of taxes and I'd prefer not to waste this.

So, is there any possibility to donate those 39.99 GBP (life-time premium) directly from my bank account to Dark0ne's account without Paypal?

Also, how many exactly should I pay in euros? Nexus says it's 45.99 but Google converts it to +- 50.80 euros. Which is different, so I don't know what's going to be paid...?

Thank you!

Edited by sagittarius22

Uh what the hell? Why would it be illegal? Is it illegal to give money to someone? I don't think so...

You're not giving anything, you're buying a service. Normal donations don't attract tax because they are a gift, with premium membership you get something in return for your money and therefore it isn't a gift, it's a purchase. And yes evading tax is a crime.

But, it's Paypal that's taxing me. Or is this "tax" coming from a law? If it's from the law then okay I won't try to circumvent it :rolleyes:

Still is it possible to use an alternative to PayPal?

But, it's Paypal that's taxing me. Or is this "tax" coming from a law? If it's from the law then okay I won't try to circumvent it :rolleyes:

Still is it possible to use an alternative to PayPal?

It's VAT, it's yet another means of fleecing people our parasitic ruling class have come up with. That said I think there is a way for non E.U citizens to claim it back or there used to be, I'm not too sure on that though. On paypal you don't actually need a paypal account, you can put your card details in as you would with any other purchase. I don't have a paypal account, they're a bunch of bandits as far as I'm concerned but it didn't stop me buying a membership.