Port Request Thread

lightschampion

I am big noob. I don't know how to edit thread title...

I searched in the search bar for something like port request and found nothing.

I figure this is a thread we need?

There are plenty of great mods in Old Skyrim and not everyone has the talent to port.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/11158

This is a mod I loved in Old Skyrim. Fully upgradeable breezehome. Rather than instantly having a mansion and having to make sure the cells are cleared and don't buy this or that before activating this mod blah blah, this mod was lore friendly, had humour, and made you buy the upgrades. I really loved the humour in it and the cost of upgrades as a first home from a fresh save actually gave me quite a worthy objective of fundraising. Not to mention the house is beautiful and functional.

I really wish there was a mod like this for all the vanilla homes.

I was wondering if anyone had the ambition and talent to help get this ported or create like it for other vanilla houses.

If this thread is useful, maybe others could also post hidden gems like that to be ported or request mods like it?

Edited by lightschampion

That mod hasnt been ported because the authors permission hasnt been given.So the only way is to do it yourself for your own personal use -you couldnt upload it.

People in that thread have posted how to do it,but that means using the creation kit.

A lot of mods are easily convertable to Skyrim SE. Open the .esp in the CK, save it, then use SSE Nif Optimizer to check the textures and convert the nifs. Like someone said, only for your personal use.

Not all mods is this gonna work on. So this mod looks like it prolly has a lot of scripting etc. so not sure about it. All you can do is try it. And if it works, use it yourself and enjoy it.

I personally, don't understand why ALL modders would not give their permission to export some Skyrim mod to SSE, it's just a newer version of the same game and imho it should be implied that that's ok. I also don't understand why ANY Skyrim modder still around (for sure), would not be willing to convert their own work from Skyrim to Skyrim SE.

If and when I release what I'm working on, it'll be wide open. Do what you want with it, convert it to any game, change it and call it your own, I would request a mention of course, other than that, do what you will. If i make textures for instance, and btw it's really easy to swap textures on a nif with nifskope... But if i made new textures in Gimp or whatever, they'd be free to use in any way you want as long as i got a mention.

To not give at least permission to use across the TES Universe imho is just anal. It's not in the spirit of modding. I mean what is Bethesda doing by letting us mod with their game in the first place? Sure there's restrictions with what you can do and must keep it in the TES World i'd imagine. But there's mods using Morrowind and Oblivion stuff in Skyrim and SSE too. So why wouldn't a modder give permission to use something from Skyrim to Skyrim SE? Just like Bethesda itself does.

Really didn't start off to go on this diatribe, but he was getting minimal replies anyway.. Hawhaw. And I'm sure the OP agrees with me. I'm not wanting to misuse anything, but sometimes the attitude i see among some of these modders is a bit ridiculous. I'm using a lot of Modders Resources in my own wip mod.. I sometimes worry, will i get everyone credited etc. I mean a lot of modders resources have other ppls stuff in them and don't even mention ALL original authors by name. Seems a bit convoluted imho..

nuff said. Sorry if i ruffled any feathers.

c0AX

To make this post on his point: I'd sure love to see a proper conversion of Elianora's Raven Nest, by Elianora. I have converted it for personal use, but it's got a few lighting glitches etc. So yes I'd like to see that converted (he uses the word ported, same thing).

Edited by c0ax599