Sieging cities.

azile0

I was going to put this in the Spoilers section, but I figured it would fit in better here.

Now, most of us have run the Imperial/Stormcloak questlines and found that to 'conquer' cities you just.. capture a nearby fort. It isn't until the conclusion / Whiterun that you actually assault a city. Now, I'm curious as to why you don't do that for every city? Cities like Markarth would have been amazing to charge through and conquer. I'm sure I'm not the only person who felt somewhat jaded by the fact that you just take a fort (which is still fun, but not very epic since you can do it on your own anyway) and then the city nearby just happens to switch to your side.

I assume this is because the city surrenders. Now, I highly doubt that a city such as Markarth would just give up because an army is nearby. They constantly claim to be the safest city in Skyrim. And yet they just fall over without a fight? That just doesn't fit. So, I'm sure that I would be one of many people who would appreciate a mod that has you conquer a fort near the city, then the city itself. You'd need to fight through the front gates, the streets, all the way to the Jarl's palace and then inside and defeat the Jarl's guards. Once all of them were dead, the Jarl would surrender and be sent to either Winterhold or Solitude's prison.

Just ran through the Imperial questline again and I am filled with a renewed desire to have epic siege battles. With all of the siege crossbow mods out, the atmosphere is ripe to actually implement SIEGES.

It's as if the Imperial / Stormcloak campaigns were rushed at the end. For the last fort before taking the enemy capital, they don't even say its name. They just say 'the enemy fort'. I want the military campaigns to be SATISFYING!