What was the hardest quest in vanilla Oblivion?

UnholyShadow

The Dark Brotherhood quest who needs us to kill Valen Dreth in the prison. It's quite easy infact, but at first I never think of patience. I just go to sneak mode, and I got spotted just a few seconds after entering the prison because I didn't wait.

That's the second hardest quest, the hardest one is the Bruma Gate quest, I think because Captain Burd is an essential NPC, he can't die and should handle his own problems. So I just charged to the Sigil Tower while Burd handle the enemies. At the top of Sigil Tower, I've learned that I have to wait for Burd to came at the top of Sigil Tower. So I waited for game hours, Burd didn't come. So I decide to find Burd, he's fighting a Dremora, he can't win the fight so I help him. It's kinda hard since there is somekind of machine firing fireballs at Burd. So after Burd get up, he's shot by the machine and he's knocked down again.

Quite confusing ? Sorry

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Great Heist is Definatly the Hardest Quest.. first spending 1 hour to find the Entrance in some Maze under the Palace (>.>) then sneaking around (alot) whilst avoiding guards (in the Guard room >.>) then getting some elder scroll from Blind monks (while not speaking to them ) then jumping inside a chimney (dont forget the boots of springheel jack! ) :P

Oh yeah buddy! I'm with you on this one. I just finished this and I swear, overall it took like 12 hours. Stealth gets to me after awhile, I wanna be done. That was a journey I wouldn't want to repeat. And then at the end, the dreaded freeze glitch got me at Castle Anvil. Thank God for playing on the PC, where I could console out of it. Just starting FG, so we'll see. I'm saving the main quest and SI for last. KOTN was one of my favorites.

I think Oblivion Gates in general are tedious, not necessarily hard, but tedious. I'm greedy, anything of value I have to leave behind is annoying to me, which happens a lot as you advance thru an Ob gate. But hands down, so far, The Ultimate Heist gets my vote as being the toughest for me.

• 2 weeks later...

For me, it was being inside those Oblivion places. It wasn't so much hard as it was confusing. I was always wondering around and getting lost. Not knowing where or what I should do next and what tower would lead me to the Sigel Stone.

It was annoying and the atmosphere depressing. I hate those stupid things that fly off the ground and hit you.

For me, the hardest quest was to close the Chorrol oblivion gate. It took me whole hour to finish that stinky quest.

And all other quests are easy except the collector. Never finished that quest still 2 statues to go

I can't keep the farmer's sons alive at Odil farm. I wish I could make them wait at Weynon Priory and let me deal with the goblins.

I also could not keep that crazy daedric scholar woman alive in the Fighters Guild quest. She apparently didn't know as much about daedra as she thought.

I had a hard time killing Mancar Camaron. I died about four times. I fought one long non-stop battle with him and his children that lasted about 30 minutes. My sword broke. I had to start using a warhammer I was not skilled with. I was running out of potions. I started looted the corpses of everyone I killed. I would throw the shoes and robes on the floor. Soon the floor was carpeted with junk. I think I collected about as many magic staves as I could carry. It was pretty ridiculous. It was basically one demigod and his follower versus another demigod and his two followers. At least Mancar totally discharged his staff and stopped using it.

The final thieves guild quest hands down.

There are plenty of opportunities to screw up. So many in fact, that you can't help but screw up in most situations. It's also long.

I find the ultimate heist pretty fun, I didn't screw up once, I don't mind sneaking around.

I don't really have any problems with my stealth build, but the most annoying one, is the chalice of reversal in SI.

It's so easy to get lost in there, and then when you run out of felldew, you start taking some Ability/Skill/Health/Fatigue/Magicka Drains on you.

I think there is about 3-5 levels in there.

• 1 month later...

I found some of these quests easy (probably because of easy difficulty,I'm a coward) but the quest where you have to give the Fighter's Guild members weapons in the cave I honestly had to do nothing. I only gave them their weapons and they ran off,I lost them completely and then I searched for them but they soon came back intact. The paint quest was easy too since I just sneak attacked them with arrows,I didn't even remember about the Turpentine until after I finished the quest. xD

I just started playing like a week ago so I haven't gone far,I did find the Odil Farm challenging though especially when the monsters come for the third and last time. I think if I'd play the game on normal or hard difficulty,I'd freak out. xD