Stormcloak - Imperial Breakdown

mattlittlej

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aww, too bad I missed the cutoff date. I would have added a third female to the Imperials and the first "fanatical devotion" to the Daedra, and an underrespresented mage.

I too would like to see this with a lot more respondents, and maybe a werewolf/vampire/neither question. I would guess that the Stormcloaks would be more werewolf and the Imperials more vampire.

That's interesting as I would guess the exact opposite myself....Why do you think the Stormcloaks would be more inclined to be Werewolves and the Imperials to be Vamps?

Well, part of it is from the conclusions already drawn from the statistics:

CONCLUSIONS

Imperials were more likely to be American or Anglo in heritage, liberal, and study liberal arts in school. They were less likely to play as Nords and more likely to adopt a Rogue style of combat. Stormcloaks, meanwhile, were [...] more likely to be Nords and adopt a Warrior style of combat. Both sides joined a wide range of guilds, but if you side with the Stormcloaks you are probably a Companion. Opinions on the Daedra were about even, with most people saying they were more or less evil. Most of the people who played Fallout: NV sided with the NCR, regardless of Skyrim allegiance.

But actually those went right along with my own feelings I already had. I see Stormcloaks as very opinionated and more brawn than brains, more full of guts and determination than realism and compromise, and much more likely to bash than to manipulate, which seems to go along with the animal nature of a werewolf.

Also there is the fact that Stormcloaks owe their primary loyalty to a faction and a leader, just like a pack of wolves, whereas vampires, even in groups, tend to look out for Number One, and work together more for mutual self-benefit than for the furtherment of a common goal, and the Imperials aremade up of everyone who isn't a Stormcloak rebel, more or less, so there's a lot more freedom there.

And last but not least, I think that way because I'm a vampire Imperial ^^;

Aww, too bad I missed the cutoff date. I would have added a third female to the Imperials and the first "fanatical devotion" to the Daedra, and an underrespresented mage.

I too would like to see this with a lot more respondents, and maybe a werewolf/vampire/neither question. I would guess that the Stormcloaks would be more werewolf and the Imperials more vampire.

Then fill it out! If I get more responses I'll re-run the numbers.

Your wish is my command ^-^

Allegiance: Imperial

Skyrim Race: Reachman Breton (male)

IRL Gender: Female

IRL Age: 25ish

Favorite subject in school/uni major: Languages, both foreign and language arts

IRL Political affiliation: Liberal

Play/Combat style: Mage - a mage played in a stealthy, assassin style, but still mage

Blades or Paarthurnax: Paarthurnax

Guilds joined: Dark Brotherhood, College of Winterhold, DG vampire family, and Imperial Legion

Opinion on the Daedra: fanatical devotion. I murder every Vigilant I see in Mehrunes Dagon's name. (Stealthily, as befits Boethiah's champion :} And then eat them. )

Who did you side with in Fallout: New Vegas? N/A (never played)

additional vampire/werewolf/neither stat: vampire :D

But actually those went right along with my own feelings I already had. I see Stormcloaks as very opinionated and more brawn than brains, more full of guts and determination than realism and compromise, and much more likely to bash than to manipulate, which seems to go along with the animal nature of a werewolf.

Also there is the fact that Stormcloaks owe their primary loyalty to a faction and a leader, just like a pack of wolves, whereas vampires, even in groups, tend to look out for Number One, and work together more for mutual self-benefit than for the furtherment of a common goal, and the Imperials aremade up of everyone who isn't a Stormcloak rebel, more or less, so there's a lot more freedom there.

And last but not least, I think that way because I'm a vampire Imperial ^^;

I see your point about the brawn vs brains....bash vs manipulate...Am not so much agreed with this line though: "more full of guts and determination than realism and compromise"...would you please expand on that?...I just think the nature of the wolf is very compromising within their pack myself...though I am straight out not understanding what you mean by 'realism'?

The primary loyalty to a faction/leader....is definitely very wolf like, I concur.....Though I don't share your perception of the Imperial forces...the Number One concept over a common goal....I see the common goal in strength in numbers (the bound arrows concept as such)...that's how my Dovahkin's perception has been RP'ed in joining the Imperials also.

Last but not least, I'm a Werewolf Imperialist.... :biggrin: ....I say 'Potauto', you say 'Potaato'.... :turned:

@mattlittle....I will add my Werewolf status to my already existing entry?

I see your point about the brawn vs brains....bash vs manipulate...Am not so much agreed with this line though: "more full of guts and determination than realism and compromise"...would you please expand on that?...I just think the nature of the wolf is very compromising within their pack myself...though I am straight out not understanding what you mean by 'realism'?

The primary loyalty to a faction/leader....is definitely very wolf like, I concur.....Though I don't share your perception of the Imperial forces...the Number One concept over a common goal....I see the common goal in strength in numbers (the bound arrows concept as such)...that's how my Dovahkin's perception has been RP'ed in joining the Imperials also.

Last but not least, I'm a Werewolf Imperialist.... :biggrin: ....I say 'Potauto', you say 'Potaato'.... :turned:

Well, by 'realism and compromise' I guess I meant that Stormcloaks are very idealistic, whereas I see Imperials in general as willing to shoulder the dirty little realities that make the world go 'round. A Stormcloak would stand and valiantly die for his ideals, whereas Imperials (as a faction, not necessarily individually) would be more likely to see that if they die for their ideals, they're still going to be dead, however noble it is, so they're more likely to do something like make a treaty they don't really want to for their survival (:P)

I have to explain that I don't actually see much Vampire-y about the Imperials, just that I see quite a lot Werewolf-y about the Stormcloaks. And as a character (not necessarily as a player) there seems to be more room for self-determination in the Imperials, since you can join them for any number of reasons, and the Stormcloaks you pretty much join for only one reason. There may not be a higher incidence of Vampirism among the Imperials than among the general population, but I would think there would be more Werewolves in the Stormcloaks than Werewolves in the Imperials, or Vampires in the Stormcloaks.

And, on further reflection, it turns out the werewolf/vampire debate is pretty pointless, unless there's someway to be a werewolf which doesn't involve the Companions that I'm unaware of (oops).

Allegiance: Imperial

Skyrim Race: Usually Khajiit, occasionally I'll play Altmer or Imperial. And I've been known to dabble with Argonians. I tend to avoid Dunmer, Nords and Bretons. I've developped a strong hatred of wood elves. Fargoth.......

IRL Gender: Male

IRL Age: 19

Favorite subject in school/uni major: Science, currently studying political science

IRL Political affiliation: Liberal

Play/Combat style: Usually support mage (Cleric) but occasionally through in stealth elements.

Blades or Paarthurnax: Paarthurnax, he's my homie.

Guilds joined: All of them at one point, but I have finish the Thieves Guild and College of Winterhold

Opinion on the Daedra: I don't see them as evil, in fact, I almost feel bad for them. They are pretty abused and usually enslaved. The Deadric Gods aren't that bad in my opinion either. They all have motives, and while some of them are more sinister, I feel like they're understandably so. If I was summoned as sombody's slave, then soul trapped and killed or hunted down, I'd be a little irked myself!

Who did you side with in Fallout: New Vegas? NCR

23 responses is not random enough to draw any conclusions.

Perhaps if you had 1000 responses randomly submitted from 40-50 different international websites... Then maybe you could say that something was average.

23 responses is not random enough to draw any conclusions.

Perhaps if you had 1000 responses randomly submitted from 40-50 different international websites... Then maybe you could say that something was average.

2 responses is enough to draw conclusions. Not particularly reliable ones, mind you, but considering people tend to draw conclusions with absolutely no responses it's still better than nothing. Thats why stats-departments have something called a margin of error. The larger the sample, the smaller the margin of error. Admitedly, this does have a large margin of error, but that doesn't instantly make it worthless.